This Warning

"I can't believe this," I say in awe as I step into Bash's room.

He sits on the edge of his mattress and icily says, "You have a nicer house than this Sadie, don't act surprised."

"It's not that. It's your room." I turn around to make sure my eyes take in everything.

"What about it?"

"Its... clean."

The bed is perfectly made with no creases, the dresser and desk are bare of anything at all other than one picture frame. The walls are as white as snow and naked as a baby's bottom. And the floor is cleaner than my own which is saying something.

"Well military school engraved a few things into my mind I guess." He gives me a careless shrug.

The photo on the dresser pulls me in, seeing as it seems to be the only personal thing in the room. I always thought that a boys bedroom would be messy with clothes and food strung everywhere but then again Bash doesn't seem to be normal.

In the frame is a beautiful young woman with long brown hair and striking green eyes. She seems to be in her late twenties which causes me to become curious about her. Is she Bash's older ex-girlfriend? He could get any girl he wanted so I wouldn't be surprised.

"Who is this?"

Bash doesn't answer which causes me to turn around to look at him. His eyes are trained on the picture frame before me and I notice a solemn look on his face. One that I didn't know existed for him.

"That's my mom," he whispers.

I look back to the picture and start to notice the similarities between the two. "She's so young," I say while admiring her beauty. How could someone so young have a child so old unless it's an old picture.

"She had me when she was twenty eight and died from complications with my birth. That picture was taken a couple weeks before she died," I hear from behind me.

I gasp at the shocking news. His mother died? He never told me about that but then again we don't know that personal of things about each other.

"Bash," I say quietly, walking over to him.

"Don't." He shakes his head, stopping me in my tracks. "I don't want to hear you're sorry or any of that bull shit."

Confused but wanting to help him in some way I cautiously walk over to him and simply sit on the bed beside him. I don't touch him, I don't talk to him. We simply both stare at the blank wall ahead of us for a long time.

Eventually he speaks up.

"Stay away from Mason."

"Not until you give me a reason."

"My story wasn't reason enough?" He turns to look at me with a deadly glare.

I gulp but continue anyways.

"You never finished it."

He looks to be thinking for a second before laying back on his bed, his feet dangling off the side.

"When I came back home a few months ago I wanted to stay away from Mason. He was the reason that I could've died. He got me into all the bad stuff then when I needed his help he dropped me off on my front porch like a coward, leaving me to die. I spent four years hating his guts, wanting to ruin him like he ruined me. But when I came back, it didn't go the way I thought it would."

"How did it go?"

"He blackmailed me into joining his band again."

"His band?" I ask stunned. "Why would he care so much about you being a part of his band?"

"Because he knows that the singer of a band is what makes the band popular. I'm the best singer he's heard and I'm popular with girls. I'm their only chance at fame."

"What did he blackmail you with?" I lay down beside him which reminds me of the night we slept together by the lake. The memory makes me want to scoot away but get closer at the same time.

"Something of my Moms," he whispers sadly.

"Why don't you just go get it back? You can beat his butt, I'm sure," I say with a comforting smile that he doesn't seem to notice.

"You have to know Sadie that Mason has ways to ruin anyone's life and he doesn't do it directly with a short term effect. He doesn't just break a girls heart by sleeping with her sister, he gets someone to sleep with her and takes a video of it to show everyone. He doesn't just rob someone, he gets them fired from the only work they have and ruins their name too. He's the worst kind of disease because the stuff he does to you will never leave you. So no, I can't go kick his ass to get my Mom's stuff back because what he would do in return I know would be much worse. And I'm not willing to move to another country where no one knows my name."

I gulp, feeling the fear of what Mason is exactly able to do creeping up inside of me. Maybe I shouldn't have been so mean to him. "He's made people move out of the country before?"

He nods his head and says, "One girl had to learn a whole new language and move across the globe."

"Oh no," I whine and cover my face with my hands. "I'm so screwed."

"Now you know your lesson Blondie."

I smack his chest, hard. "A little to late don't you think?"

"Hey at least you only humiliated him in front of his cousin and fuck buddy. Now if you did it in front of his other friends than I would have already booked you on a plane to Africa."

"So he won't ruin my life completely?"

"Maybe a little," he offers while holding up his thumb and pointer finger.

"Fuck me," I groan and sink back into the mattress.

"Don't mind if I do." Bash jumps onto my body and starts to tickle, bite, and lick any part of me he can touch.

I lose control of my laughter and beg for him to stop. Tears pool at my eyes, my sides start to hurt from his non-stop tickling and I swear I'm seconds away from pissing my pants.

"Stop," I beg, "stop Bash."

"Say the magic word," he taunts.

"Please."

"Nope," he proceeds to tickle me harder.

"I don't know," I squeal.

"I'll give you a hint," he says with a wide breath taking smile, "It rhymes with 'duck bee'."

If he wasn't tickling me and if I wasn't about to ruin my pants than I would have stood my ground but I didn't.

"Fuck me," I laugh hysterically.

"Because you asked so nicely," he teases then his lips are on mine.