This Labyrinth

I'm so sorry for the late update!! I'm a junior in high school so that means three things. I have to take the most important test of my life (ACT), I have to take another very very important test (AP test), and I have prom. All of which are in the span on the next two weeks... So yay for my school district which is probably the worst in the U.S. .
But when summer comes I will update every day again!

This Labyrinth

The next two weeks pass by uneventful. My parents go back to normal, smiling and kissing each other before they part ways. I spend every lunch period with Lucas, either going out or staying inside away from his friends. Quinn seems to be the only friend I have left now but surprisingly, she's a pretty good one. When I told her about Lucas she seemed as happy as me and kept encouraging me to 'shag that'.

Everything in my world is finally okay. I have a friend, not many but still a friend I can lean on, a loving boyfriend, two parents who are in love with each other, great grades, and a the future ahead of me.

The only thing that is off is the absence of one person. Although he completely used me and humiliated me, I have to believe that the Bash I met only a few times, the one who was there for me when I needed him, made me smile when I didn't want to, and made me keep strong with my beliefs, was the true Bash and not the same lying scheme bag I knew him as. But even if those moments weren't apart of his plan, I still can't forget the way he tied me into his spider web of deceit and killed me. If given the chance I don't think I could ever forgive him.

...

"Hey babe."

"Hi," I say into the phone.

"What was that?" Lucas asks, referring to the sound of my horn.

"Oh just some sophomore who doesn't know how to pull out of a damn parking lot," I mutter.

"Those damn sophomores," he laughs. Even over the phone his laugh gives me butterflies.

"Are you still free today?"

"Yeah, at six after practice than I'm all yours."

"Good," I smile, "So I'll come over then unless he's there."

"Don't worry about it, Sebastian hasn't been home in two weeks."

"Aren't you worried about him?"

He chuckles through the phone. "About Sebastian? Babe he's probably just picking up a different girl every night and taking advantage of them so he can have a roof over his head."

"I don't think he would really do that Lucas," I say feeling strangely defensive over his older brother. I know I should want him to be sleeping in a ditch for the rest of his life but I can't stand to listen to the way Lucas talks about him. It's heartbreaking.

"You don't know him like I do Sadie," he says for the twentieth time in the past two weeks.

"You're right," I sigh, "well I'll let you go before Coach takes your phone again."

"Alright babe, I'll see you later."

I hang up the phone, and then turn on my music loudly to drown out the thoughts of Bash in my head. I will admit that I'm worried about him. He hasn't been home in two weeks according to Lucas, he hasn't spoken to anyone or has made any contact what so ever. No one knows where he is but then again no one is looking.

Earlier in the week I asked Quinn if she saw him and she didn't even grant me with an answer. I didn't ask again.

I contemplate on driving to Mason's and Chases' house to see if he's been staying there but when I drive up to my house I figure out I don't have to.