He Saved Me Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Thirty-two

Bobby's POV

Isobel wasn't feeling well. I don't know how I knew it, but I could just tell that she wasn't feeling like herself. The baby was draining her a lot more than either of us had anticipated. We had been out on the golf course playing around all morning, and I felt that we should be leaving soon, but I didn't want to call attention to her situation.

"FORE!!!!" Angel's loud voice boomed across the golf course and we all turned to watch his ball soar straight for a pair of old men directly to our left. The men scattered quickly, and Alice and I burst into laughter while Isobel just giggled a little. My smile dropped as I watched her discreetly lean against the seat of our golf cart, slowly breathing in and out deeply.

"I'm tired of golf!" I said suddenly. "Why don't we go back to the room and play video games and order room service and make Severus at the front desk deliver it?"

Alice laughed loudly. "Bahahaaa! You mean Walton?" she asked.

I shrugged with a smile on my face. "Whatever, the dude talks and looks like Snape. Stuffy asshole. I promised that he would be delivering our room service, and I never go back on my word." I paused, "Well yes I do, but I don't want to go back on this one...plus I'm starving."

"Me too!" Isobel said as she stood and came to pick up the club that she had left lying on the ground.

"No, I got it babe." I told her as I bent and picked it up along with her bag. "Go and sit down." I threw the strap over my shoulder.

Alice let out a squeaky noise and clapped her hands. "Oh gosh, you two are so cute! Isobel, never let that boy go, he is so sweet! Awww..." She said loudly, and I looked down awkwardly and silently wished she would shut up.

Angel snorted and bent to pick up Alice's things. "I can be sweet too." He grumbled as he looked at Alice with narrowed eyes.

She snorted and bounced over to the cart. "Whatever, Prince Charming. You are a lot of things. Cute, sexy, funny, and a damn good kisser....but sweet is not on that list. You forget the small things that make a girl 'aww' and smile to herself. Don't get me wrong, I like you and all, but it would be nice if you remembered to hold the door, and take a heavy bag, you know?" At that, she turned to Isobel and started talking a mile a minute.

Angel stared at her for a long moment with his mouth open, and I laughed at him.

"Dude close your mouth before an insect flies in it!" I told him as I dumped our stuff into the cart.

"One day!" he said incredulously, and then continued in a whisper that only I could hear. "One day we've been official, and already I'm wondering if I was maybe temporarily insane last night."

I shook my head at him. "Naw bro. I've seen the way you look at her. A day or a year wouldn't be able to wash away that feeling. Trust me!"

He looked as though he was deep in thought for a minute before chucking his stuff onto the chart and hopping in. "Whatever..."

***

Angel and Alice were walking ahead of us into the entrance of the hotel, so I grabbed Isobel's arm to stop her and turn her toward me. "Hey." I said quietly, studying her face. "You okay babe? You need anything?"

She nodded her head slowly and tried to smile. "Yes I'm fine. Just a little tired." She told me.

"Yeah I noticed. Look, I know you need your rest, so when you're tired, all you have to do is tell me, okay? You shouldn't allow yourself to suffer in silence just to keep everyone satisfied. It's not good for you or the baby." She yawned and nodded her head again, and I smiled at her. "Angel is holding the elevator, let's go." I slid my hand down her arm until it reached her hand and tugged her into the building.