He Saved Me Chapter Nineteen

I gotta go to work, so I was in a hurry typing this. So sorry if it sucks! :)

Chapter Nineteen

Isobel's POV

My dad was a lunatic! It was two hours before Bobby was supposed to come and pick me up for our date, and he had been listening to the same song ever since I had told him that Bobby and I were going out tonight.

Nerves were eating away at me already, and here he was planning to scare my date off before it even began! I walked into the living room to beg him to turn it off one more time.

"Daddy!!!" I yelled over the sound of the music blaring out of the speakers.

"What?" he yelled in return, but refusing to turn the music down at all. I groaned and turned it down myself.

"Daddy could you stop playing that song? It's my first date! What are you, trying to scare him off?" I tapped my foot on the floor to try and relieve some of the frustration I was feeling.

"Honey, if a boy can be scared away by a harmless little song, then he's not the boy for you! Now if you'll excuse me..." he turned the speakers up to full blast. "THIS IS MY FAVORITE PART!" he bellowed.

(youtube video on the right)---------->

Come on in boy sit on down
And tell me about yourself
So you like my daughter do you now?
Yeah we think she's something else
She's her daddy's girl
Her momma's world
She deserves respect
That’s what she'll get
Now ain't it son?
Y’all go out and have some fun
I'll see you when you get back
Probably be up all night
Still cleanin' this gun

His favorite part was the part that I was scared of. The song was a country song by Rodney Atkins, and I used to like it until today. Today I was sick of it, and I wanted to get dad's entire system and rip it out of the wall!

I stomped back to my room to get ready for my date. My first date. I smiled as I sifted through the dresses in my closet. I wish I knew where Bobby was planning to take me so I would know what to wear, but since he hadn't, I decided to go with a semi-formal black dress. I really hope I don't make a fool of myself tonight.

***

Bobby's POV

'God please, don't let me make a fool of myself tonight!' I sent that prayer up one last time as I parked in the driveway at Isobel's house. I had never taken a girl out before, and I was really nervous. I had reluctantly asked for my mom's advice before leaving the house and she had been no help at all.

"Just treat her like a lady..." she had said. Like I didn't already know that. I needed to know what else to do. Where do I take her? Do we listen to music on the way there or not? Shit, I should have just asked her what she wanted to do instead of...I sighed and got out of the car. Might as well go in.

Her dad answered the door before I even had a chance to ring the doorbell. When the door swung open, all I could hear was the sound of some country song echoing through the house. "Come on in..." he said, before I could even open my mouth to say hello. Turning he walked into the living room. "Sit down." He gestured to a chair opposite his position on the couch.

Taking a seat, I looked around the room. Anywhere but at him.

"Isobel is still getting ready." He explained.

I smiled and nodded my head. I should have known that she would be late. "Okay then..."

"So," Mr. Davis began. "You're Bobby?"

"Yes sir." I looked down at my feet and checked that my shoes were tied. Anything to distract me from that threatening stare.

"And you're taking my daughter...where?"