He Saved Me Chapter Twenty-Seven

Angel's pic is posted over there -------->

Chapter Twenty-Seven

Isobel's POV

It was my birthday. My eyes flew open at the realization and I sat up in bed. Looking at the clock I realized that it was seven in the morning and I needed to get ready for school.

I rushed through the process, the whole time wondering what Bobby had planned for today. I knew he had a surprise planned, I just didn't know what.

When I was finally tying my shoe laces, my cell phone rang. Alice.

"Hello?" I said, cradling the phone between my ear and shoulder blade.

"Happy Birthday!" she shrieked excitedly.

I giggled into the phone as I stood up and straightened out my shirt. "Thanks! I'm so excited about today. Bobby has a surprise for me."

Alice scoffed. "Yeah speaking of Bobby, I still think it's funny how one minute you were 'definitely not together' and then the next you're all in love with him!"

I rolled my eyes toward the ceiling. Alice was mad at me because I hadn't told her that Bobby and I were together the second that it happened. I kind of felt bad that she and I hadn't been in touch like usual lately, but there was still a lot that she didn't know. "Oh shut up Al. You're know you're happy about me and Bobby."

Alice laughed before responding. "Yeah I am. you two are sooo cute together! But anyways...what do you want to do for your--" The sound of her voice muted for a second. "Izzy hold on, I'm getting another call. I--I'll see you at school okay?" The call was ended before I got the chance to respond.

I shook my head and slid my phone into the back pocket of my jeans.

When I walked out of my room and down the hall to the living room, my dad was just walking out of the kitchen and swept me up into his arms. I wrapped my arms and legs around him, laughing as he turned around in a circle. "Daddy!!!!! Dad put me down!"

Chuckling, he put me down again and helped me as I swayed on my feet. "My baby's turned eighteen!!!!" He shifted until he was behind me and then put his hands over my eyes. "Here close your eyes! Come on!" He began to lead me to the kitchen while keeping his hands firmly cupped over my eyes.

I laughed. "You know dad, there was really no point in telling me to close my eyes if you were going to do it for me....?"

"Shhhh! Shh shh shh shh!!!" he interrupted me once we had stopped. He removed his hands, but instructed me to keep my eyes closed. I heard a noise that sounded suspiciously like a lighter striking and then he stomped out of the room, returning only seconds later. "Okay...now open up!" He said excitedly.

When I opened my eyes, there was a huge birthday cake with a picture of me and my dad designed into the frosting. It was the same picture that he and I had taken on my 15th birthday that I had put away in my room. Eighteen candles were flickering and slowly melting onto the frosting.

"That's my favorite picture." I heard dad say from behind me. "Now make a wish and blow out the candles before we end up with more wax to eat than frosting!" he ordered.

Tears had been glimmering in my eyes as I stared at the cake, so when I closed them, I felt them sliding down my cheeks. 'Just let this day be perfect!' I whispered in my head before taking a deep breath and blowing out the candles.

"So what'd you wish for?" My dad asked anxiously, practically bouncing at my side.

I shook my head and smiled at him. "Dad if I tell you, it won't come true!"