He Saved Me Chapter Twenty-Nine

Nothing big in this chapter...sort of. Lol. I hope you like it! :)

Chapter Twenty-Nine

Sharon's POV

I was running late getting ready for my date with Daniel. I had told him to pick me up at eight o'clock, and it was already five minutes til that time and I still hadn't put on my shoes or finished my make up. I was putting on a pair of diamonds earrings when the doorbell rang.

"Dammit!" I whispered to myself as I ran out of my room and down the stairs quickly. "Just a second!" I yelled toward the door.

As I opened the door, I began with my explanation. "Sorry! Sorry I'm running behind schedule. I have no excuse, I just--" When I looked up I realized that Daniel wasn't at the door. "Detective Rodriguez?"

Rodriguez was the lead detective investigating the case of my hit and run accident, but I had already answered all of his questions after I had left the hospital two weeks ago.

"Good evening ma'am." He said with a smile, his eyes raking over my body from my head down to my bare feet so openly that I blushed slightly. "Mrs. Slade, I hate to bother you at home, but I just have a couple more questions I need to ask again."

I looked at him with confusion written across my face. How many times did he need to ask me these questions before he understood that I really did remember anything. I glanced down at my watch. Shoot, I was already late for my date. "Yes, Detective, but can we make this quick? I'm already late getting ready..."

He nodded his head with another smile as he stepped a foot forward to enter.

I opened my door wider and moved aside. Once we were both standing in the entrance hall with the door shut, Detective Rodriguez pulled out a notepad and began to fire the same old questions at me again. "Now ma'am, what kind of vehicle do you recall seeing before the collision?"

He was standing uncomfortably close to me, so I moved a step back until I was leaning against the arm of a chair before answering. "Well like I said, I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but I think it was a black truck. Maybe an old model Dodge or Chevy?" I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know, I'm sorry."

"It's perfectly okay ma'am. We just need all the information that you are able to give us so that we can catch the guy who did this, since all evidence points to the possibility that this was no run-of-the-mill accident. This was an attempt on your life!"

A shiver went down my spine at those words. Daniel and Bobby both had been saying that to me a lot lately.

"Now..." he turned to the next page in his notebook and looked at me again, shuffling a little closer. "Do you recall any physical features of the driver at all? ANYTHING! Whatever you can remember could help."

My face scrunched up as I tried to remember. I couldn't recall anything. Shaking my head slowly, I looked at the detective apologetically. "I'm sorry, I don't know. All I remember about the accident is seeing the bright headlights of the truck--" The sound of the doorbell ringing made me jump. That was sure to be Daniel. "Excuse me..." I said as stepped over to the door.