He Saved Me Chapter Thirty-Three

Chapter Thirty-Three

Isobel's POV

Angel and Bobby were arguing over the game they were playing on the X-Box. According to Angel, Bobby was cheating, and according to Bobby, Angel was just a no-talent ass whose hands were too big for the controller. Alice and I had stopped paying attention to them long ago, so while they were sitting side by side on the coffee table, leaning forward to be closer to the TV, me and Alice were facing each other on the couch, whispering quietly.

"So what is this thing you got going on with Angel? And why am I just hearing about it?" I said as I watched Bobby's back.

"There was nothing to tell Isobel. I mean, it wasn't like I was a virgin. You know that. It was something that I wanted to forget." I looked at her then to see a faint blush staining her cheeks.

"Why would you want to forget?" I asked her.

"Well like I said before, I knew that he would end up breaking my heart. Iz, we had been running into each other a lot! And we had talked about a lot. About his mom stressing over work. About how he had never known his dad because he was too young to remember him when he left...everything. I was starting to get feelings for him, and I knew that it was just stupid to do that, so I decided the next day--after we--you know...I decided that it would probably be best to let him go. I had no idea that he liked me back. I thought that I was just another one night stand."

I understood how Alice had felt. It was still hard for me to believe that Bobby wouldn't hurt me after all the experiences he had had with girls. He and Angel were a lot alike, so I knew that Alice must have the exact same doubts that I had. But everyday, Bobby was proving me wrong and just melting away all of my doubts, so it wouldn't be long before Alice allowed herself to just let go with Angel. They had such an untarnished history.

I found myself feeling a little jealous of that fact. Alice and Angel had such a sweet and romantic story already, while mine and Bobby's story was tainted with a rape and a baby that I wished with everything inside of me that I could forget about.

"Well I think you guys are cute together." I told her with a small smile on my face.

"Yeah but not as cut as you and Bobby!" she said with a giggle.

"Pfft! You guys are cuter."

We both lapsed into silence after that and just stared that the TV screen. The guys had stopped their bickering and the only sound in the room was the loud crashing of the game.

"Oh crap Al, I forgot to tell you!"

She turned to look at me. "What?"

I smiled brightly as I remembered my birthday present. "Were you paying attention when Bobby pulled up at my house to get me yesterday?"

She frowned and shook her head. "No, I was trying to pretend that there wasn't a huge, sexy beast sitting next to me."