Chapter 18: The Date Part 2

Louis POV:
After Harry drives us out of the park, I give him directions to the hamburger place I know about.

"I'm so excited I'm with you, Louis" Harry says, breaking our peaceful silence.

I look over at him and smile. He looks at me quickly and gives me a smile too before turning his head back to focus driving.

I smile again, loving his focus on the road but he gets suspicious, "What?" he asks, glancing over at me, maintaining a straight drive.

"You're just really cute when you concentrate" I say with a smile. He chuckles and rolls his eyes while shaking his head. "What?! You are!" I whine to him.

"Yeah, whatever.... Turn here?" he asks and I look outside at the surroundings.

"Yep" I smile as the car begins to turn, "The destination is on your right" I say, mimicking the sound of a GPS.

"You're really weird. I'm glad you didn't do that the whole way here" he laughs and shakes his head, looking for a parking spot.

Him just saying that gives me an idea but I don't share. "Yeah, too bad" I smile and he pulls into a spot.

"Ready, baby?" he asks and I nod as we both get out and meet at the back of the car.

Harry takes my hand in his and leads me to the front door. I open it for us and he walks in, me following shortly after.

"Hi, table for two?" asks the hostess. I nod and she marks something down and then grabs two menus, "Follow me please."

She leads us to a table in the back. I sit on one side and Harry on the other. "Your server will be right with you" she smiles before handing us the menus and walking away.

"Go ahead, take a look at what you want, love" I tell Harry as I open my own menu. Even though I've been here plenty times, I scan through it just to make sure I know what I want.

Harry does the same and opens his menu, "An ostrich burger? Can they even sell that?" he asks, looking up at me

I chuckle and nod my head, "I guess so" I shrug before he looks back down at the menu.

"Hi there! My name is Fred and this is my server in training, Niall" says the waiter coming over. I look up hearing the name. So does Harry.

"Niall?" Harry asks in astonishment.

"Yes, that's what I said" says Fred, "That's Niall."

"Hey, mates" Niall says smiling, "Fred, these are my friends I was telling you about. Louis and Harry" he says, pointing each of us out

"Oh, hey! Niall's talked a lot about you Harry" Fred says and then realized I was still there and quickly added, "And Louis."

"Neat! Can I try out my waiting skills on these guy?" Niall asks, hopefully.

"Of course. Call me if you need me and don't get caught up talking" Fred informs Niall, "Trust me, learn from my mistakes."

Niall nods and Fred walks away, "Wow, so what a coincidence you guys being here, huh?" Niall laughs.

Harry smiles and laughs too, "I know right! What are you doing here, anyways?" he asks, setting down his menu and giving his full attention to Niall. I can't help it but, I'm jealous. Am I being too paranoid?