A Slow Dance

Mira's POV

The day of the Yule Ball (Christmas Morning)

I woke up from my bed and turned to look at my clock, which was sitting on the bedside table.

"Six fifty-nine." I whispered, realising what day it was.

"CHRISTMAS!" I yelled, not caring if I woke anyone. I shot out of my bed and skipped past the other beds. I ran down the stairs almost tripping and stopped by the Christmas tree that a few of us had put up in the common room. I sat on the floor, gazing at all the presents, knowing I wasn't allowed to open mine yet.

Faintly, I heard a knock at the door. Trudging over, I opened the door, excitement pulsed through me. Neville was standing at the door in what looked like his pyjamas.

"Merry christmas!" I smiled and he swung me around in a small circle, my bare legs catching the crisp, cold air. I wrapped my arms around his neck and giggled as he put me down. He kept his arms around my waist. I stood on my tippy toes and kissed him on the lips. Neville started walking forwards, which made me shuffle backwards. We continued kissing all the way over to the couches where I fell backwards over the headrest, my legs flailing. I started to laugh when he fell on top of me.

He kissed my neck lightly. "I love you," He whispered.

I bit my lip and have a small smile."I love you too Neville."

He smiled before replying, ''Merry Christmas Mira!''

April's POV

I followed the narrow staircase that led into the common room, still feeling tired. When I reached the bottom, I saw Neville and Mira together. They were laughing and kissing each other.

"Ahem,'' I cleared my throat.

Mira glanced up at me. "Hey there, April! Merry Christmas!" She smiled.

Neville looked up too and gave me a slight wave.

"Merry Christmas," Neville said.

I nodded. "Merry christmas, guys."

I looked at Mira, she was wearing her cotton candy striped shorts and a black three quarter blouse. Neville was also in his pyjamas, or what I hoped were pyjamas. Over the top of his shirt was a patterned black and white cardigan. I sighed, wishing Draco was here.

Someone's fist rapped against the door a few times. "I'll get it." I mumbled and made my way over to the door.

"Draco!" I exclaimed. He extended his arms out and I jumped into them, wrapping my legs around his slender waist.

He kissed my cheek. "Merry christmas, love" Draco grinned.

"Merry Christmas!"

Draco carried me over to where Neville and Mira were sitting. She slid closer to Neville, giving us more space. Draco dropped down beside me, me landing in his lap.

He pulled out a small box-like present from his pocket and placed it in the palm of his hand. I slowly took it from him and opened it. I gasped in delight. Mira leaned over my shoulder, trying to see the present I had recieved. As soon as she saw my present, I heard her gasp too. Draco had given me a hair piece. It was a ribbon with little pearls tying it together.

''You can change its colour,'' Draco stated.

"Oh Draco. Thank you so much!" I hugged him tightly.