Been Waiting For This

Neville's POV

I had stormed out of the library, leaving Mira alone. I was too nervous to ask her out, so I left. I didn't mean to be rude or seem angry, but I think she took it that way. I opened the door to the common room and dropped onto the couch. I sat down and sighed. I wish I had the courage to do one simple thing. I leaned my head against the back of the lounge and closed my eyes.

Mira's POV

I left the library and went to find Neville. On my way there I wondered why Draco had carried April away, and what April was angry about. I was really quite confused about the whole situation. I figured that I would just ask her later. I walked briskly to the Gryffindor tower and hopped up the steps. I swung open the door to see Neville making his way up to the dorm rooms.

"Neville!" I cried, catching his attention.

He turned around, eyes wide with shock. I ran up to him and jumped into his arms. He caught me and held me. I looked into his dark green eyes, they reminded me of trees. Luckily Neville was strong so he didn't drop me. I could feel his arms wrapped around me in a nervous manner.

"Why did you leave?" I asked quietly.

"I...I..." He stuttered.

I sighed and pressed my lips against his. He responded by kissing me back. It was a nice, gentle kiss, which I enjoyed.

"Sorry." He apologised once I pulled away. I giggled and bit my lip. He blushed slightly. I leant my forehead against his. I closed my eyes and smiled.

A peaceful moment, I thought.

April's POV

"Draco..." I mumbled. Did his father really say that? I was at a loss for words. Finally, I managed to ask an important question, "Draco, do you really love me?"

He stared at me like I had gone mad. "April! Of course I do!" Draco answered, his voice sounded strained, almost hurt. "But, time will tell....I'll prove it to you."

Mira's POV

I sat on one of the couches with Neville. I crossed my legs and faced him. I placed my hands in front of me and started fiddling with the laces on his shoes. Neville and I just talked about the most random of things that came to mind.

"So are you a pure-blood or a half-blood?" He asked looking up at me.

"Half-blood." I half smiled and continued playing with his laces. Neville chuckled.

"What's so funny?" I asked him. He shook his head.

"No seriously, tell me!" I started to bounce up and down on the spot.

"Nothing! You're just...so cute." He looked down and blushed, I smiled warmly. Next thing I knew, I was pulled into his lap. I giggled as Neville rested his head on my shoulder.

"Hey, Mira."

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Will you...be my girlfriend?" He asked, blushing slightly.

"I'd love to!" I exclaimed cheerfully.