Blame It On Each Other

Mira's POV

Tuesday morning, Herbology.

"See you later, April! Stay out of trouble!" I called out to her. April gave me a wave and we parted ways. I approached the greenhouse and saw someone walking up to the door. They were carrying a large pot, and the leaves were drooping over the sides. I caught up with the person and opened the door for them. It was Neville.

"Th...thanks." Neville hesitated and blushed. My face grew hot and I ducked my head. I watched as Neville walked in and I followed. I placed my cold hand on my cheek and shut the door. I sat down in a random spot near the front. I watched Neville put the plant down in the corner. Everyone else was talking to each other, making lots of noise. I looked down at the table and waited for the lesson to start.

"Hello, class." Mrs Sprout muttered to the class. Everyone nodded, and Mrs Sprout rubbed her eyes tiredly. Neville sat at the front of the class, leaning his head on his hand. He looked like he was day dreaming.

"Today, I'm going to tell you about the assignment coming up." Almost everyone perked up from their bored gazes. I giggled.

"Now, I'm going to let you choose your partners, so choose wisely." I saw Neville stand up and moved towards me as Mrs Sprout stopped talking. He sat next to me, and a small smile appeared on his lips. I bit my lip and looked at Mrs Sprout.

"Your project will be to study a plant of your choice. Create a presentation of any kind, and be prepared to talk in front of the class." Mrs Sprout turned around and everyone started chatting. I turned to Neville.

"So, do you have any idea of what plant we should do?" I asked, glancing over his shoulder. He opened his mouth to say something, but he closed it quickly. He shook his head and looked down at the table.

"Well, we can hang around and find one, only if you want to." I looked at the table as well, my body still facing him.

"Oh...okay." He nodded slightly and started playing nervously with a loose thread on his jumper.

April's POV

I was sitting next to Hermione, so I guess there was an upside. The bad part was that Malfoy was in front of me. I sighed, relaxing into my chair. I gazed beside to me. Harry was paying attention to Professor Slughorn, who seemed to be making everything up as he went along. I quietly ripped a piece of paper out of my book and wrote something on it. I scrunched it into a ball. I glanced up quickly to see if Slughorn was paying attention, but he wasn't. I then flicked the paper at Harry, who gazed at it confused. I looked at Slughorn, pretending to not know what was going on. Soon enough, the paper was tossed back at me. I opened the note and read it under the table.

Hey, whats with liking Mira?

There was no answer. Suddenly, the door swung open. Everyone turned towards it to see Professor Snape standing in the doorway.

"Draco Malfoy and April Renshaw. More than a few people heard the commotion you threw last night. Detention for the both of you. It will give you time to work out your differences." And with that, Snape was gone. I sighed heavily. Stupid Malfoy getting worked up over nothing.

I heard the bell ring. I quickly got up and left the room before anyone could bother me.

I was walking down the hallway when I saw Malfoy striding towards me.

"It's all your fault." Draco sneered, moving closer to me, getting in my face.

"Really." I sighed. He just had to be such a drama queen. He once again moved closer until my back was pressed against the wall.

"Getting awfully close there, Malfoy." I smirked.

"You wish." Draco chuckled. He stared into my eyes and I did the same. We just stood there for a while. I then slipped away from Draco.

"See you in detention!" I called back, purposely trying to annoy him.

When I got back to the Ravenclaw common room, I saw Mira sitting alone. She was reading a book.

"What's gotten into you, Leatherby?" I asked, sitting across from her.

"I'm trying to find a plant for my assignment." She replied, turning a page.

"Well, I got detention today." Mira immediately shut the book.

"You what?" She put the book down and glared at me.

"It's Draco's fault!" I argued. She sighed but nodded.

"So. What's going on with you and Neville?" I pestered her. She quickly grabbed the book to hide her flushed cheeks. I smiled deviously.

"Someone'e in looooove." I teased, dragging out the o. Even from behind the book, I could see her face was bright red. I wonder what Harry would do if he saw her like this...