Don't Tell A Soul

Mira's POV

I was sitting alone in the Ravenclaw common room, waiting for April to come back. It had been almost an hour since I last saw her. I ran my fingers through my hair in concern. I bit my lip and my eyes wandered around the room. I had left potion textbooks and herbology books lying everywhere. It felt like I was trapped on a remote island in the middle of the ocean. My eyes moved towards the poster that I had started for my project with Neville. I blushed slightly thinking about him. The poster was leaning against the wall, by the door, propped up against the Rowena Ravenclaw statue. I scratched my arm every now and then, in frustration. I could now hear muffled voices outside the door, hoping it was April. I sat up straighter and stared at the door. It opened, but the person wasn't April. It was Harry. He stood in the door way, looking off into space for a few  moments.

"Hey, Harry." I mumbled, relaxing my shoulders. I looked down at the books that I had left in front of me.

"Hey, Mira. What's all the books for?" He asked, walking forward a couple of steps. He waded his way through the books and sat next to me.

"I'm researching the Mimbulus Mimbletonia with Neville." I sighed. I moved my head to see Harry, who seemed to slightly cringe as I mentioned this. I grinned as he noticed me staring. Harry started to blush, but then returned the smile. I sighed and leaned my head on his shoulder. He wound his arm around me, which felt sort of...comforting.

"Have you seen April around?" I asked, glaring at the books.

"I saw her walking around, but that was after Potions class." I sighed once more.

"Hey, it's after curfew, how'd you get in here?" I lifted my head and looked at him.

"Invisibility cloak." He smiled. I giggled and once again leaned my head against his shoulder. Eventually the silence made me drift off into a dreamless sleep.

April's POV

Tuesday Morning.

I walked around Hogwarts lazily, hoping no one would spot me as I made my way to the Ravenclaw tower. I grinned to myself, Malfoy was mine. But I had promised to not tell anyone, which was a little worrying.

"Ascendio." I whispered. The spell quickly shot me up into the air. I answered the riddle, and stepped into the common room.

"Where were you?!" Mira got up from her slumber and took my hand, pulling me up.

"Uhmm..." I fiddled with a loose string that hung from my coat, not knowing what to say.

"What did he do?" She asked, her face filled slightly with anger.

"Nothing! And I can't exactly tell you." I quickly brushed past her. She grabbed my arm, and I was jerked back.

"What's with the books?" I asked, rubbing my eyes tiredly.

"Tell. Me. What. Happened." Mira demanded and pulled me onto the floor next to her. She took my hand, and looked at me. I shook my head warily.

"Alright. I respect your privacy. But you have to tell me sooner or later." She got up and started picking up the books. I sat there, speechless. The only thing that was going through my head was Draco. I smiled slightly and felt my cheeks grow hot. Mira was too busy clearing the books from the floor to notice.

I sighed contently, ''Time for school.''

Mira nodded, and I saw a mischievous smile upon her delicate face.