Falling Into His Arms (I've Been Setup)

April's POV

Mira and I walked through the hallways until we came to the Ravenclaw common room. Stopping at the door, Mira stepped forward, looking at the golden eagle knocker.

"Which came first, the phoenix, or the flame?" The eagle knocker quizzed.

"Uhm...A circle has no beginning." Mira answered, biting her lip. The door eerily opened, and we stepped inside. Mira sat on one of the chairs and crossed her legs. I sat across from her, leaning in.

"So, what happened?" I teased, cupping my hands under my chin. Mira smiled and shook her head.

"Well, in Herbology, I met this guy...He was pretty nice. And cute." Mira blushed.

"What's his name?" I asked, bouncing up and down a bit.

"Umm...Neville." Mira looked away, and started playing with a piece of stray thread on her coat.

"Longbottom? Are you serious?"

"Is that his last name?" She smiled uncontrollably, letting out a giggle. I started to laugh as well. Mira's giggle grew and became laughter, and soon I too followed. After we recovered from our laughing fit, we stood up and brushed down our coats.

"Let's go to the Library." I suggested, stretching. Mira nodded, and covered her mouth. She hiccuped. I gave her a small smile which she returned. Arm in arm, we set off towards the library.

Mira's POV

When we arrived, we greeted Madam Pince and walked over to one of the bookshelves. April pulled out a random book and glared at the cover. She put it back and glanced around.

"Looking for anyone in particular, April?" I asked, trying to hold back a smile.

"Nope, just browsing." April replied, observing something behind me. I was confused so  I decided to turn around. I couldn't see anyone or anything. Weird. I spun back around, staring at April.

"What's going on?" I asked, crossing my arms in front of me with a slight frown. April shook her head. I heard footsteps, but ignored them.

"Hey, look over there!" April exclaimed, pointing at the roof. I looked up at where she pointed, out of the corner of my eye, I saw her arms move towards me. Next thing I knew, she had pushed me. I fell backwards, and I heard her retreating footsteps. Luckily, someone had caught me.

"A-are you oh-kay?" I looked up to see Neville, who had caught me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry about that." He helped me up and I trailed my fingertips down my coat.

"It's okay." He looked down and tapped his foot against the floor, in a nervous manner. I held back the giggle that wanted to escape. I was about to turn around to go find April.

"Oh, um," Neville grabbed my arm for the second time today. I spun around, rather quickly.

"Yeah?" I asked, biting my lip. He hesitated, then stared down at the floor.

"There's a Herbology project coming up, and I was wondering..." He looked up from the ground, peering through his hair.

"I..if you..." He looked down again, his hands in his pockets. I sighed inaudibly.

"Would y-you...like to be...part-" He stopped. Neville looked away, trying to hide his face. I was sure he was blushing.

"Sure. I'd love to." I smiled genuinely. A small smile appeared on his lips, and I couldn't help but grin.

  Neville set himself down on a nearby chair. I started to walk off, then slowly turned around.

"And Neville," He looked up "Thanks for catching me." I winked at him and left the library.