A Spy At Black Lake

Mira's POV

April and I were sitting in the common room after lunch, talking about random things that came to mind.

"So, how are you and Draco going?" I whispered, biting my lip.

April looked up, her blue eyes glinting in the sunlight. ''We're doing good, I guess. He can be really nice and it's fun to hang around him.'' She then added,'' What about you and Neville?"

I froze as soon as she said his name. I smiled nervously, I breathed in deeply then looked back to April. "Well, yesterday was interesting." I replied, looking down.

"What happened?" April asked, flicking a strand of her brown hair behind her shoulders.

"Well...I was was walking down the hallway, and he grabbed me and pulled me into the coat closet.''

"How romantic," She commented sarcastically while I giggled at her remark.

"Anyways, he apologised for kissing me," I stopped, because April interrupted.

"Apologised?" April looked up at me confused.

"Ssh! I'm talking! So, after he apologised, he asked if I liked him..." I trailed off and blushed.

"Then?" April asked, wriggling closer to me.

"I kissed him." I played with a loose strand of my hair, slightly embaressed.

"Aww, Mira!'' April gushed, ''So It's official?''

"No...." I looked down, disappointed and April sighed.

''Oh Neville,'' She muttered as the door opened suddenly.

"Hey, Harry." I smiled as he walked in.

"I hope you don't mind." He stood near us, hands in his pockets.

"Not at all." I smiled. Harry sat on the floor slowly, which made the conversation awkward. I had the sudden urge to use the toilet.

"Umm, excuse me. I need to use the bathroom,'' I announced as April glared at me. I quickly ran up the stairs.

When I was finished, I heard yelling from downstairs. I stepped back into the common room. April and Harry were yelling at each other.

"Guys! Guys! Stop it!" I screamed. They both turned, their faces a bright red.

"What's going on?" I asked, walking up to both of them. They ignored me and continued to look angrily at each other.

"If you're not going to get along, then I'll leave." I threatened.

Harry turned to April. "I'll go. But I warned you Malfoy's no good." Harry left soon after that, not even turning around to smile back.

"What on earth?" I started, turning to April.

April's POV

I stood there, frustration washed over my face.

"April. It's gonna be fine. Just ignore him."

I nodded. I was meant to befriend them, not argue with them. "Sorry, Mira. I know he's your friend."

Mira nodded and gave me a hug. I returned it and sat back down.

"I personally think you and Draco are an amazing couple. How did Harry find out anyway?" Mira complimented.

I sighed, shaking my head. "He said he's seen us around Black Lake. He was...spying on us I guess...or Draco, really."

Mira looked at me, a little bothered, but she nodded and looked away.

"You and Neville need to get together!" I suggested, wiggling my eyebrows suggestively. I was faking being happy, all I really wanted to do was, well, cry.

"Stop it!" Mira pushed me a little bit.

"I'm telling the truth, darling."

Mira shrugged. "Well. We'll see." Mira lay down on the couch, her arms behind her head. Her feet fell over the arm rest, tapping lazily.

"So. Do you think what they say about Draco is true?" She asked, giving me a look.

I tensed up, but shrugged casually. ''I have to hope not. He's too innocent.''

Mira nodded, ''I agree. He's not really a bully, just a lost boy.''

I laughed lightly, brushing away the conversation. ''I think I need to go talk to someone...'' I winked, knowing she'd know who.

''No! NO! NO!'' She yelled, shooting up from the lounge. ''You are not going to go talk to Neville!''