What Are Friends For

Dedicated to AlexisB17 for being an awesome fan! :D ♥♥

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

April's POV

I was sitting alone in the common room, waiting for Mira to come back. It was almost dinner, and we always walked down together. I waited impatiently. I hadn't seen Draco since I bumped into him in the hallway. My arm wasn't bothering me as much anymore, which was good. It had just been a bit red, but other than that, it seemed fine.

I heard a shuffling noise outside. I stood up, and brushed down my coat. Mira came through the door and rushed towards me, hugging me tightly. I hugged her back slowly. We were the same height, so she leaned her head on my shoulder.

"What's going on?" I asked, moving her away so I could see her face.

She shook her head slowly, then looked up at me. Her face was scrunched up slightly, her nose wrinkled.

"Neville." Her bright green eyes sparkled from the tears.

"What did he do?" I asked, glaring at her suspicously.

"He...he kissed me." She looked down at the ground. I gasped, Mira's expression seemed quite confused.

"I'm so happy for you!" I jumped up and down, saying in a sing-song voice.

"Let's just go to dinner." She murmured

I nodded, ''Okay!''

Mira's POV

I could tell that April was confused - I was too. I was actually very happy that Neville had kissed me, but I didn't know how to react. I followed April out of the common room, and down the staircase. As we walked to the Hall, I saw Draco rush past us. I saw him give us a small smile, but I guessed it was directed at April. I don't think she noticed, she seemed too busy talking to me, but I saw a faint red on her cheeks. I was curious, what was going on with those two? I decided to ask her tonight, when we were alone in the common room.

After Dinner.

We sat across from each other in the common room. April hadn't spoken a word since we'd left dinner. She kept glancing behind us every now and then, and rubbing her arm. I was concerned.

"Hey, April. What's going on with you?" I asked, glaring at her.

Her hand lightly touched her arm again and looked up at me. "Umm...'' April mumbled.

"April. Stop hiding things from me! Just tell me what's going on!" I begged.

She sighed, defeated. "Alright. Draco and I...'' She paused uncertainly, ''are kind of dating."

"Kind of? How do you 'kind of' date someone?" I asked, confused.

She rolled her eyes, ''We're dating. But you can't tell anyone!" April's face turned serious.

I nodded, agreeing. ''What are friends for?''

After a couple of minutes, April piped up. "Neville and you,'' she giggled.

"Nothing's going on,'' I stared at her. I didn't think she believed me.

April nodded slowly, "You wish though." She then leaned back against the comfy couch.

"I know!" I sighed, feeling confused once again.