Settling Into Hogwarts

April's POV

We skipped into the Ravenclaw common room, empty handed.

"AH!" Mira yelped, eyeing the Rowena Ravenclaw statue. "That always scares me." She held her chest and I laughed. She rolled her eyes at me and made her way up to the dorms. I was so glad to be back at Hogwarts, this year would sure be fun. I followed Mira up to our dorm.

We made our beds quickly, and then checked our suitcases were under them.

"It's time to go to the feast." I said, looking at the clock on the wall.

Mira nodded and we left the Ravenclaw dorms.

Mira's POV

April and I walked into the hall and found an empty spot at the Ravenclaw table. The sorting ceremony had just finished, so we saw some new faces. We smiled at all the strangers, who were talking to each other excitedly. Albus Dumbledore appeared out of what seemed to be no where.

"Welcome back, students! I trust you had a great holiday," He started. Dumbledore continued with his speech for a few more minutes. He then raised his arms high into the air, and said; "Enjoy the feast!"

Everybody picked at the food, and ate as much as they could. April and I ate small amounts, we never ate alot. I glanced around at the other Ravenclaw members. They were all conversing with another. April and I smiled at each other, as if sharing an inside joke. Sixth Year was going to be great.

April's POV

After the feast, Mira and I decided we needed to freshen up on our locations. We thought we should go and wander around Hogwarts. Together, we left the hall and started to walk around. At the fountain, we bumped into the Golden Trio.

"Hey guys!" I exclaimed.

Hermione, Ron and Harry smiled at us. I hugged them individually, so did Mira.

"How are you?" I asked, still feeling enthusiastic from dinner.

Mira was having trouble breaking away from Harry, who was hugging her tightly. I pulled her away, bringing her to safety. She gave me a grateful look. We all decided to sit down and talk about what had happened on our holidays.

It started to get dark, so we agreed to make our way back.

"We'll see you guys later," Mira smiled and waved to the Golden Trio. I copied her.

She probably wanted to avoid another hug from Harry. We walked down the empty hallways to the Ravenclaw tower. Soon enough, we saw Draco Malfoy making his way towards us. We passed him slowly. Turning our heads in synchronization to look at him, seeing that he was looking at us up and down.

"Like what you see, Malfoy?" I said teasingly.

Draco turned around and started to stride away. "Bet you can't meet my standards," He smirked, calling over his shoulder.

"We're waaaay out of your league!" Mira laughed.

Draco sneered and continued walking.

"We told him," Mira giggled and I smiled at her. Sometimes, she was really oblivious.