Hoping For Another Chance

Neville's POV

I had invited Mira to the library so we could continue our assignment about the mimbulus mimbletonia. I waited impatiently, drumming my fingers along the edge of a book.

"Sorry I'm late!" Mira whispered as she came over. I grinned. She was very...pretty. Gosh Neville, way to be a man.

"It's okay." I replied, offering her a seat next to me. Mira sat down gingerly, and pulled the chair closer to the table.

"How are we going to present our project?" She asked, looking up at me. I glanced down at the book, thoughtfully.

"An essay?" I looked over at her. She was covering her mouth, trying to hold in a giggle.

"Essays are... boring." She replied, leaning her head on the desk. I chuckled.

"How about..." She pursed her lips and glared at the table, with concentration.

"We can think of that later. Let's just write down the information." She smiled. I returned it by giving her a half smile. I couldn't believe that she liked me...Though, you shouldn't believe everything you hear...

Mira's POV

I laughed as Neville tried to come up with ideas on how to present our project. His face was screwed up, his mouth twisted into a frown.

After much discussion, Neville and I decided on a poster. Up until lunch, we worked on finding information and photos. Sitting and chatting quietly to Neville in the library was enjoyable. Luckily enough, I had persuaded April to come along too - mainly so I could keep an eye on her.

She was sitting cross-legged in an over-stuffed chair by the older bookshelf, a purple leather-bound book lay open in her lap. April sat there flicking through different pages, sometimes mumbling things to herself. Occasionally she would look up and smile, especially when she saw Neville talking.

April's POV

I didn't know what I was looking for exactly, I thought I'd know when I saw it. I spent all morning going through dusty, old books about Deatheaters. Was I looking for a way to reverse the curse? Maybe. Just more information? Most likely.

Mira had talked me into coming, so why not make the most of it? I needed a distraction after all. Every so often, I'd look up and give Mira an encouraging smile. Neville seemed to be becoming more comfortable around Mira - which was great.

Right now I could hear them arguing about how they were going to present their poster. A smile played on my lips, as I listened to them.

I must have spaced out because I had Mira snapping her fingers infront of my face, before long. Neville stood behind her.

"Earth to Aprillllll," Mira said annoyingly, trying to get my attention.

"Yeah?" I asked, shutting the book immediatley.

"We're going to go grab some lunch. Coming?"

I peeked out from behind her, to see Neville standing there awkwardly. I smirked. "Nope," I answered, popping the 'p'.

She glared at me but nodded, "Be careful. See you later, April."

I waved, "Bye Mira."

Draco's POV

I secretly watched as April trudged into the hall, probably here for lunch. One thing which surprised me was that she was not with her friend...Mira, was it?

I scanned for whole room, trying to see if I could find Mira. Nope, she definitely wasn't here. I saw April sitting alone, on the edge of the Ravenclaw table. Damn, I thought as she looked up. April had known I was staring. The second our eyes connected, I felt something, like a bomb, go off inside my heart. Like something I'd just lost.

I felt the urge to go sit with her - to go BE with her. I knew I couldn't though, if the Dark Lord found out that I...I...cared for someone, he would surely kill them. The thought caused a shiver to run up my spine.

I couldn't take it anymore. I stood up and strided out of the room, I had to get away from there...from her...

I found myself at the Black Lake. It was like a sanctuary for me, a place where no evil could exist.

Once again my mind focused on April, I couldn't help it. Just thinking about her caused a strange sensation to pulse in my fingertips and my heartbeat to quicken.

Could this be love? 

Could I, Draco Malfoy, the boy who seemed to not have feelings, be in love?