Awkward Interruptions

April's POV

Mira and I were sitting at the Ravenclaw table, nibbling on our dinner.  A strange chill traveled down my spine. I couldn't help but feeling like someone was watching me. Right on that thought, I was hit in the arm by Mira. She wasn't looking at me, but pointed over at the Slytherin table.

"He's staring." Mira mumbled, turning back around. I pretended to look at the Gryffindor table, so Draco wouldn't notice. I moved my eyes slightly and looked at him. Our eyes locked for a moment, then he quickly turned away. I spun back too, hoping detention wasn't going to be too bad.

Mira offered to walk me to Snape's office, and I accepted. I didn't want to walk alone, especially if Malfoy was creeping about.

"I'll see you later, April. I hope detention doesn't go on for too long!" Mira and I hugged, and she left me outside of Snape's office.

"Go on then." I heard someone snap. I moved my eyes to the left of me, and saw Draco's head hovering above my shoulder.

"If you're so eager, why don't you go?" I asked, shifting out of his way. Draco sighed dramatically. He opened the door and grabbed my arm. He shoved me into the class room and I hit Snape's table. Snape glared up at me. I backed away quickly and fell into one of the chairs that were strewn around the classroom. Draco sat in front, glaring at me over his shoulder.

''I will return soon. I expect you to behave while I'm gone. I meant it before, work out your differences.'' And with that, Snape was gone.

"What's your problem?" I asked Draco with frustration. Draco turned around and gazed at me. He smirked mischievously before shaking his head.

I leaned forward, my face close to his, trying to get a reaction out of him. ''Well?'' I asked, crossing my arms limply over my chest. I heard Draco suck in a small breath before opening his mouth to say something. The door creaked open and Snape stood in the doorway. Malfoy and I parted quickly and looked at the professor.

"So, I tell you've worked out your differences. You can go now." I dashed out of the room before Draco could say anything.

Mira's POV

I had received a note from Neville telling me to meet him at greenhouse 3 to start our assignment. I walked over to the greenhouses and opened the door. Neville was admiring one of the large plants growing from a red pot.

"Hey, Neville." I grinned and waved at him. He turned around and backed up against the wall. His cheeks flushed heavily. I covered my mouth, trying to hold in a giggle.

"So, have you found a plant yet?" I asked, walking towards him. He shook his head and walked over to me. I looked at all the different plants placed around the room. I looked up at the umbrella flowers.

"How about those?" I asked, pointing upwards. Neville looked up too. I moved my eyes towards him for an answer, he just shook his head. I stumbled about the greenhouse, trying to find something good.

"Hey, Mira!" Neville called from the other end of the greenhouse. I walked over to his voice quickly, wondering what he found.

"A mimbulus mibletonia?" I asked, frowning at Neville. He nodded enthusiastically and I grinned back at him.

"Sure." He stood up and gave me a small smile. I scratched my head, feeling a little awkward.

"It's pretty ugly..." I muttered. Neville chuckled. He started to walk towards greenhouse entrance.

"Where are you going?" I asked him, pulling up my coat so I wouldn't trip over it.

"Library. We should at least know something about it." I followed him outside carefully.

April's POV

I had left the Ravenclaw comon room, confused. I thought Mira would've been in there. I walked down the stairs of the Ravenclaw tower, and made my way to the Gryffindor common room. Luckily, Harry wasn't too far ahead.

"Harry!" I called out. He spun around, a large grin plastered on his face. His grin decreased slightly, leaving him with a smile. I sighed and jogged up to him. I almost tripped over, landing face first, but Harry caught me.

"Sorry." I shook myself and stood up.

"It's cool. What did you want?" He asked kicking at the ground.

"Oh yes. Have you seen Mira anywhere?" I questioned him quickly.

"Uhh, no." He replied. I rolled my eyes and walked past him. I walked fast down the corridors, looking for Mira. I was starting to get worried, where was she?

I stopped and thought. I didn't think of the last place she could be. I ran to the Library.

I walked down every aisle until I saw her sitting at a nearby desk with someone. She was hiding her face from the boy she was with. I walked closer, only to notice that she was blushing. I smiled playfully.

"Hey there, Mira." I stood next to her and she looked up. 

"Hey there." Mira smiled.

"This is Neville." Mira gestured towards him, and he gave me a small smile.

"Umm, sorry to interrupt your...study session. But I need Mira now." Mira faced Neville. She bit her lip and Neville blushed a deep red.

"Y..you can g-go." Neville stuttered. He tried to smile at Mira, but something seemed to stop him.

"Are you sure?" She asked. Neville nodded, and Mira stood up with my help.