Chapter 13 - On Top of the World

I woke up later at around 10 in the morning, still wrapped in Kendall's arms. The morning sun poured in through the floor-to-ceiling windows and I smiled. I was the luckiest girl on Earth. Sure, there had been quite a few bumps in the road, but it wasn't about to stop me from living life to the fullest. 

Since I was on the edge of the couch, I gently slipped out of Kendall's embrace and finally saw that Momma Knight was in the kitchen making breakfast. "Hi Momma Knight..." I said awkwardly. She gave me a small smile and said, "Hi Sam. Do you want some pancakes?" I shook my head. "No, thanks. I really want to shower." She nodded. "Oh, alright." I was walking away when I heard, "Sam?" I turned around and noticed that Momma Knight had tears in her eyes. "What's wrong?" I said, suddenly concerned. I ran up to her and let her put her arms around me. She reminded me so much of my own mother. "I'm sorry...I'm so sorry." she said, her voice cracking. I looked at her at that moment. "Momma Knight..." She cut me off. "I'll let Kendall know later...but, I need you to know this now...I give you my blessing. If your parents give you consent on the marriage, I'm fine with it." I smiled, tears blurrying my vision. I hugged her hard. "Thank you so much Momma Knight! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I gushed. She smiled. "I'm just glad he chose a beautiful, smart, loving girl." I let go and grinned. We said our goodbyes and my heart swelled as I walked down the hall. I couldn't have asked for more at that moment. I was in love, and finally, Kendall and I were accepted. 

I stopped by my room and grabbed a few things that I'd need. I stuffed them all in a bag for easy carrying and went to the bathroom. I set my things down and looked at myself in the mirror. The girl that looked back at me was glowing. Her skin was golden brown, her coco brown hair was shiny, rolling all the way down her back. Her eyes had a certain sparkle that I'd never seen before. I smiled, and she did the same. I turned away from the mirror and started the shower. I stripped down and got in, grateful for the hot water. I washed up and rinsed off. For a few minutes, I just stood there thinking. Today was going to be a special day, I just knew it. I had to look amazing. I shut off the faucet, grabbed my towel, and dried off. I wrapped the around me and took the blowdry out of the drawer. I turned it on, dried my hair fully, and turned it off. I grabbed my straightener, curled my hair, and smoothed my bangs to the side. I smiled at my reflection and did my makeup. I felt so pretty, so girly. I put on pink lipstick and began to get dressed. I slipped on my main things, and slid into my strapless, floral-print summer dress. I spritzed on some perfume and I put on my brown strappy sandals and picked up all my stuff. I opened the door from the bathroom, already hearing the commotion the boys were making in the living room. I quietly went into my room and put everything away. I grabbed my beige purse and put a few things inside. My phone, my wallet, some makeup, and roll-on perfume. I tidyed my room up a bit and walked out into the living room. 

The guys all turned to look at me when I walked in. James gave me a  sincere smile, Carlos grinned, Kendall winked, and for whatever reason, Logan blushed as red as a tomato. I smiled back at all of them and said, "Hey guys. I'm gonna get a cab and head over to Rocque Records. I'll see you all later." As I walked to the front door, I felt their eyes burning my back...or maybe, my butt. I blushed at the thought. Just as I shut the door I heard Carlos yell, "GUYS! Stop checking her out!" I laughed to myself and picked up my left hand. I stared at that glimmering ring and kissed it. I adjusted my bag, and headed out the lobby doors, ready to the face the world with my head held high.