01

SOTC ; Stressed Out - Tøp

It was a Saturday night and I couldn't bother to be bored. With nothing to do I sat casually listening to some All Time Low.

Some stupid house party was being thrown next door. Some old Justin Bieber song was playing, making me cringe.

"Lala."

"Hmm?"

"Mom left for her dinner, I'm on my way to party," Danyelle said.

"Kay."

She rolled her eyes and walked away. I laid back on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

"Actually," I heard her walking back towards our room, "I'm not done."

"Yep."

"Would you do something with your life please?" She groaned.

"God, all you ever do is sit in your room whining and moaning, poor you." She groaned in annoyance.

I shut up, not muttering a word, not even giving her a glance. I didn't sit up for us to hold a proper conversation, because I was done with this conversation.

"Boohoo you, you can't live life wanting everyone to pity you." She said haughtily.

"You're such a loner, just because-"

"Enough! Okay? Leave her alone, go to your stupid party." Michael yelled.

My eyes were burning, and tears were ready to fall. It was hard enough at school, I don't need this.

Danyelle threw a small hissy fit, before stomping down the hall, the front door slamming shut behind her. I heard Michael sigh and mutter something under his breath.

"Hey? Myla you alright?" He question.

I stayed silent. Words tearing at my throat, and tears threatening to spill from my eyes. But I wasn't going to be weak.

"Uhm, ok. Alright. Well I love you. If you need anything, ah, I'll be in my room with Benjie." He sighed, and walked off.

He sounded so defeated, our entire family sounded so defeated; and lifeless.

I crawled up some on my bed, and slid under the covers. I squeezed my eyes shut, small tears spilling from my eyes. My silent sobs couldn't be heard over my music, the party's music, or Michael's screaming.

I sighed, and just wished that the world would become silent. That the problems that I keep stressing over would just loosen up a bit.

I closed my eyes, again. I rolled onto my left side, hoping to fall asleep quickly.

Unluckily though, I couldn't fall asleep due to the fact that the music had gotten louder at the party next door. I groan and limb out of the bed to do some simple cleaning around the room. There was dirty clothes strewn on the floor due to the fact that Danyelle dug through the closet to see if I had any trendy clothes she could borrow to look cute for the stupid house party next door.

I finished picking the clothes up off the floor and decided to make the trek down to the laundry room, located in the dark and spooky basement. I flipped the light switch, the light quickly turning on. Trudging over to the washer and dryer I decide to help mom out a bit by actually doing my own laundry. So I dump all of the clothes into the washer and quickly toss in some laundry detergent. I sight and walk over to the light switch, flipping it, and walking up the stairs and out of the basement.

Climbing back into my bed, I hope that doing laundry was enough to slow down my constant racing mind and ease my anxiousness. My eyes slowly close and feel heavy.

---

Sorry if this wasn't all that good, it's just the beginning of the story and it might be slow paced at first but it'll all come together, I promise <3

Also this whole book may be triggering, just a warning in advanced.