Chapter 20-Avoiding Them

I make my way back to campus and the thought occurs to me, where the hell am I gonna sleep?!? I just suck up the fact that I'm gonna have to sleep in my destroyed room. I open my door to see that all of Danielle's things are gone. That's strange......maybe she left. I throw all of the shit that's on my bed onto the floor. I find a pair of pajamas and strip down so I can change into them. Things are much easier to do with my cast on now. I lay my crutches down on the side of the bed and I climb into bed. I turn out my lamp and begin to drift off to sleep, dreaming about the boys.

I wake up the next morning in my very fucked up room and get dressed for school. I just throw on sweatpants and a T-shirt. I make my way down to the main building, hoping that I won't run into any of the guys along the way. I finally get inside the school building only to find the five of them huddled in a circle. I guess Niall got discharged last night. I quickly turn my head to avoid eye contact and make my way into my biology class. Remembering that I sit next to Niall, I quickly go up to Mrs. Adams and ask if I can have my seat changed.

"Now why do you want your seat changed?" Mrs. Adams asks.

"I....can't see the board clearly enough," I quickly lie.

"Alright well then we'll just put you and Niall-"

"I don't wanna sit with Niall. I'd like a new lab partner," I blurt.

"Oh, well I won't be able to do anything today. Maybe you'll have a new seat by tomorrow at the earliest."

"But I need a new seat now. I don't wanna be next to Niall."

"Why not? He seems like a wonderful young man," Mrs. Adams states.

"I just......we don't get along," I lie.

"Look, I'll see what I can do. Now if you'll excuse me I have to finish grading papers so you should be on your way," Mrs. Adams says as she kicks me out of her class for a little while.

I sigh and then look down the hallway only to see a hurt Niall watching me. I pretend that I don't notice him and decide to walk the other way. I notice Liam walking towards me in the other direction and I realize that I can't win, I can't get away without having conversation with them. Liam suddenly rushes by my side and I try to take off, only to remember that I'm on crutches and when you're on crutches you move about as fast as a snail. Trying to move faster, I accidentally turn one of my crutches the wrong way, causing me to wipe out in the middle of the hallway, resulting in a bunch of students to laugh at me. I begin crying at the thought that I just totally embarrassed myself, but that I also failed at avoiding them. Liam rushes to my side and helps me get back to my feet. I decide to thank him and just continue walking .

I make my way back to my dorm room to rest for a few minutes and to clean up my room a bit when I hear a knock at my door. I ignore the door and just continue minding my own business. I hear the door open and I turn around to notice Liam. I just stare at him when he suddenly gets his classic puppy dog eyes on, which I can never resist. I smile as he approaches me, cups my face, and leans in for a soft kiss.

"I really like you Liam," I whisper, "and I want you."

"I know how you feel," he replies.

So much for avoiding them......

Liam begins kissing me much more harder this time. I run my hands through his beautiful brown hair, feeling like he's the only guy I want, as he picks me up and places me on my bed.

I can't believe we're doing this again......

I begin to relax when Liam gently makes his way on top of me and begins giving me hickeys. I moan in response to Liam's actions when I suddenly feel him trying to pull down my sweatpants. I look up into Liam's eyes when I realize I'm giving him a look of uncertainty. I quickly unbutton Liam's jeans and push them down only for him to kick them off his ankles himself. Liam quickly throws off my shirt and my bra, causing me to cover up my chest with my arms. He realizes I'm scared and self conscious now.