Chapter 10-Hurting

I wake up to the annoying sound of my alarm clock, signaling that it's time to get up and get ready for school. Feeling sick, I press the snooze button and doze back off to sleep for a few more minutes.

Feeling even worse than I did when I first woke up, if that's even possible, I decide that I'm not going to school today. I mean, it's not like missing one day of school is gonna kill me. Besides, I feel like shit today so it's not like I'm skipping school.

While in the middle of my rest, I begin to feel a sharp pain kick in my lower abdomen. Oh god, not this time of the month again.... I roll onto my left side, groaning in pain and clutching my stomach. I look around to see if Danielle left yet for class when I notice that she's gone.

I hear a soft knock on my door. I groan at the thought that I have to get up to answer the door. Or I could ignore it and hope that whoever's there goes away. I manage to get to my feet and stumble along while making my way to the door, clutching my stomach the entire way. They knock again, somehow knowing that I'm in here.

"I'm coming," I mumble while the person continues knocking, "just a minute."

I finally reach the doorknob and turn it to see Harry's smiling face, and by the looks of it I think he can tell that something's wrong. I let him inside and he immediately takes a seat on my bed.

"Move," I demand, feeling my mood swings beginning to kick in.

"OK grumpy," Harry teases, "I just wanted to know if you wanted to get some breakfast."

"I'm hungry but I don't wanna leave."

"But classes start in like an hour. You don't wanna be late," Harry states.

"I'm not going to class today," I tell him.

"Why?" Harry asks.

Feeling no need to answer, considering the answer to his question is personal, I decide to remain silent. We sit in silence for a few moments, until I feel another horrible shockwave of pain get set through my body. I cry out in pain as I clutch my stomach and groan. Beginning to feel sick, I take off to the bathroom. I sit in front of the toilet, waiting to see if anything is gonna come up. When I feel another horrible cramp, I begin crying because of its pain.

"OW!! It hu-u-ur-ts," I scream while tears are flowing down my cheeks.

I glance up to see if Harry followed me into the bathroom to see him, clearly realizing what's going on because he also has a hurt expression on his face. He sits down next to me on the tile floor and wraps his arms around me, trying to cuddle. He kisses the top of my head, letting me know that he's not going anywhere until he knows that I'm feeling much better.

"Shh, don't cry Liz. I can't stand to see you like this, hurting while you're in pain. It kills me to watch you suffer, it really does. I know it hurts baby, but unfortunately I can't do anything to take the pain away from you completely. Believe me, if I could deal with this pain for you, I would," Harry whispers softly.

"It hurts Harry. Really badly," I whisper while Harry wipes away the tears that are falling from my eyes, "thank you Harry. I love you babe."

"I love you too baby," Harry adds with a soft kiss, "have the cramps ever been this bad before?"

"No," I mumble.

"It'll be alright Liz. You gotta trust me on this one," Harry reassures me, "do you trust me?"

I nod.

"Good. Now come here. Let's get you into bed," Harry says as he picks me up and carries me bridal style to my bed.

Harry slowly lays me down and gives me a chance to get under the covers before he tucks me in. Harry tightly secures the blanket around my body. He kisses my temple before he begins to head over to the couch.

"Harry," I call, "can you come back here and snuggle in bed with me?"

"Anything for you baby," Harry tells me while he makes his way into my bed.

While Harry and I snuggle in bed, he massages my lower abdomen, which helps take the cramps away, and gives me long, soft kisses every now and then. As I begin to doze off to sleep, I realize that I need to say something.

"Harry, I want you to be mine, and only mine. I want you to be the only guy in my life. I love you," I confess.

"Are you drunk?" Harry asks, questioning whether or not I mean what I say.

Just then I hear my room phone ring. Harry jumps up and answers the phone for me.

"Hello? Yes this is her room. Uh huh. Alright. Well she's not feeling too good right now. Uh huh. Yes sir I understand. Alright I'll let her know. OK Principal Storm have a good day. Goodbye now."

"I'm surprised you didn't get in trouble for answering my phone. What'd Principle Storm want?" I ask.

"He wants to see you in his office right away. He said that it's important."

"Am I in trouble?"

"I have no idea. He didn't seem too happy."

"Oh god," I mumble.

"Liz? What's going on?"

Not wanting to answer his question, I bury my face in my hands and begin to cry even more tears. I feel Harry's arm wrap around my neck, pulling me closer to his shirtless chest.

This has bad news written all over it....