Chapter 1-First Day of College

I walk into my college building, still an hour early, in search of the main office, looking for a map of the school. I find the office and approach the front desk. I ask for a map and within seconds I'm handed one.

"New student?" The lady behind the desk asks.

"Yes," I reply.

"What's your name sweetie?" I think I'm a little old to be called sweetie in my opinion.

"Elizabeth Thompson," I answer. Not knowing if they know that I go by Liz.

"Ah here we are," she states as she pulls out a schedule.

She takes the map from my hand, takes a marker, and label where all my classes are and what period I have them. She closes her marker cap and hands me the papers and sends me on my way. I thank her and then look around for the boarding houses. I pop back into the office to ask. She has a nice girl named Danielle show me the way. She holds the door open for me as she leads me across campus.

"So what house are you in?" Danielle asks.

"The Schmidt House room 101-"

"Hi roommate!" Danielle cheers happily.

"No way!" I state in shock and give her a short hug.

"God I was so afraid that my roommate was gonna be a loser that has no life, no boyfriend, and is no fun but you seem like the complete opposite," she says.

"Hehe, yeah," I mumble. She has no idea.

We finally reach our dorm room and I soon as I see it I stand in awe. The bedroom is beautiful. Two queen sized beds with canopies lay next to each other, both with a nightstand. Two huge walk in closets. A giant bathroom, and a nice plasma screen with a comfy couch.

"A mini fridge? No way!" I shout in delight.

"I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that you love the place," Danielle laughs.

"Duh!"

I unpack my stuff and within seconds Danielle and I are out the door and headed to our first period class.

"Where are you going?" Danielle asks.

"Ummm," I say as I check my schedule, "biology. You?"

"Same. I'll show you where it is."

"Geez. This is your first year and you already have this place memorized," I say.

"I came here over the summer and got a chance to look around," she tells me, "what did you do over the summer?"

"Um, nothing really. Just hung out with friends, kinda boring," I lie. I wasn't gonna say that I was a sex slave for One Direction. No way! That would just scare the hell out of her. I don't think she'd enjoy going around saying that her roommate was a sex slave to One Direction, well, maybe she would since it's One Direction but that's beside the point.

Danielle remains quiet for the rest of the walk back to the main building which contains the gym, the lounge, the cafeteria, all the classrooms, etc. etc. etc. We finally arrive at the biology lab just as the bell rings. The teacher stands in the front of the room, holding a seating chart, telling students where she put them. I look around to see if I spotted any familiar faces, oh who am I kidding?

"Name please?" Mrs. Adams, the teacher, asks me.

"Elizabeth Thompson. But I go by Liz," I tell her.

"Alright Liz, you can have a seat over by the window, third row back," she tells me as she shows me where I'm placed.

I find my seat and pull out the notebook I'm gonna use for this class and wait for class to get started. I watch Danielle take her seat and she immediately waves to me when she realizes that I was watching her. She seems nice. I think I'm actually gonna like college. Nice teachers, nice roommate, nice people, cute-oh shit......

"Name please?" Mrs. Adams asks him.

"Niall Horan," Niall answers.

"Niall, let's see," she says as she scans the seating chart, "ah Niall. You will be...."

"Please don't be next to me. Please don't be next to me," I pray.

"Next to Liz over there by the window third row back," Mrs. Adams tells him.

"Oh shit," I mutter to myself, "and I thought I was gonna have a great first year."