Chapter 23

A/N: Disclaimer: Talking about self-harm (marked with ***)

-----

Dear Zoe,

it's lovely to hear that you finally got the courage to tell Alfie how you feel.

It is so important and a big step for you. I really admire your strength and I wish I could be this brave.

However,

I'm writing because I need to tell you about something.

The other day, Phil and I went outside to the Park. It was a really lovely day and I got some quality time with him, but then suddenly Luke appeared. I have already told you about him and as you know, I honestly hoped that I never had to see him again. Apparently he is also a caretaker of a little blonde girl that was walking around with him. I got really scared and he also verbally attacked me, but luckily Phil was there to help me.

I never thought I would say this ever again, but I trust Phil. I mean I have also trusted him until now, but suddenly I feel like that I could tell him anything. My whole story, for example.

But even more happened – Phil kissed me! I finally got the courage to tell him about my feelings and then I just bluntly asked him to kiss me. I know that's not how you do it, but he is just so thoughtful that he would never do anything to me unless I actually tell him too.

The kiss was just so gentle and sweet, and from what I can tell, Phil is a really good kisser. I just hope that he feels the same as I do and that hopefully it will work out.

Have you and Alfie kissed already? If so, tell me in detail!

Looking forward to seeing you in the cafeteria tomorrow,

Greetings, Dan.

"Hey there, what are you doing?" someone asked behind Dan's back, making him jump.

He was just so into writing this letter to Zoe, that he had completely zoned out. Zoe told him that she finally managed to tell Alfie about her feelings for him and apparently, he felt the same. It was good to hear that she, his best friend, also had a little luck. It is just awkward if you tell your friend about how well you are doing and their life is just shitty. Dan was glad that they both were finally getting better.

Dan looked up, right into Phil's piercing blue eyes, and smiled. "Hey, I'm just writing a letter to Zoe!" Dan folded the piece of paper in the middle and handed it to Phil. "Could you give this to Scott? He know what to do!"

Phil nodded and quickly left the room for a second. Dan could hear him talking a few words with Scott, asking him who Zoe was. Phil knew that Dan had contact with a Zoe, but had literally no idea who that was.

Dan just hoped that Phil wouldn't read the letter. He couldn't imagine why he would do that, since Phil was decent enough to know not read other people's letters and also everything written in it was stuff that Phil knew anyway, but still. It kind of made Dan nervous to think that Phil would read his thoughts. Dan wrote how much he liked Phil's kissing, and that was already awkward enough!

Dan stood up from his chair as Phil re-entered the room. They shared a quick hug and after that, Phil sat down on the edge of Dan's bed, leaving the younger one standing there in the room.

"So who is Zoe?" Phil asked, looking at Dan who was awkwardly hovering next to his closet, leaning against it.

Dan eyed Phil curiously, wondering if Phil was jealous or defensive, but he just looked back with a neutral expression, honestly interested.