Chapter 7

A/N: everything written in italics are thoughts

Dan poked out from under his blanket, looking desperately at Phil.

"Wait...?" Phil said confused. "Did you just... talk to me...?"

Dan cringed and hid under his blanket again. He suddenly imagined the dark scenarios from the incident. HE had asked Dan the exact same question... before punching him in the face, leaving Dan with a black eye. I SAID SHUT UP.

It has been so hard for Dan to come out of himself and talk to Phil, at least one word. He knew that it would be the worst he could do. Phil is now going to hurt you, just like the guy, and he will leave. Bravo Dan. Get rid of the only person that could help you out of your misery.

"Nonono, it's fine, I want you to talk to me!" Dan heard Phil say from under his blanket.

He just says it like that. Now you talk to him again and will turn out even worse. He's just planning that. He is cruel, like every single other human on this planet is too. Jesus Dan, stop being such a dumbass. Let him leave and avoid any more trouble, you have already caused enough.

"I would really love to hear the sound of your voice... can you please say something?" Phil asked hopefully into the silence of the room.

But otherwise... his voice sounds so honest and pure... as if he would mean what he says. So whether Phil is a really good actor or...

"I was obviously right." Phil stated.

Wait, what did he mean?

Dan poked out his eyes from under the blanket, just. Phil sat in his chair, as usually, looking at Dan with a slight smile and a sparkle in his eyes.

"When I said that you are brave I was obviously right. I mean you talked to a complete stranger like me. To do this, after what you have faced... It's really impressive, Daniel!" Phil said encouragingly.

"Dan." Dan stated quietly. He hated his full name. And if Phil really wanted to hurt him or yell at him, at least he should be able to do that with a name Dan preferred.

"Oh... okay, Dan." Phil said with a massive grin printed onto his features.

Phil was impressed. He never believed that Daniel would actually start talking to him. He tried for almost 2 months now to talk to him, and he'd never gotten a response. To finally hear his voice, even very quiet and shy, meant the world to Phil. Not only did it satisfy him, that he finally got a response and didn't have to talk to himself anymore, but also was he touched. He was touched by the fact that someone as shy and scared as Dan take up all his strength to talk to someone he was very afraid of. And it made Phil proud to know that Dan actually trusted him, as far as talking meant trust.|"And... why that? Don't you like your name?" Phil asked further, hoping for an answer.|"No." Dan murmured that Phil barely understood it.

"Why that? It think it's quiet a beautiful name..." Phil stated, still bubbly. He could still not believe that he had an actual conversation with Dan, the guy who refused to talk to him for 9 weeks now.

Beautiful. Phil called you beautiful, again. Well not particularly me, but still. Phil was saying it too often for it to be true though. Yet Dan couldn't help himself but smile at this statement again. Getting compliments was nice anyways.

"Come on Dan, you don't need to hide..." Phil said calmly, trying to get Daniel out from under his pile of blankets and pillows.

I do. I need to hide. I don't want you to see my body, or my face or anything. I want nobody to see that. It is ugly. I just want to spare the ugly truth of me and my body. You would be shocked and disgusted. Blood, scars and bruises everywhere. And he was so thin. His hair was greasy and way too long. He didn't wash his clothes for a couple months now. It's one thing to talk to Phil, but it's a complete different thing to show yourself to a stranger. However, Dan managed to poke his head out completely from under his blanket, not dropping it lower than his shoulder though.