Chapter 12

A/N: everything written in italics are lyrics of songs. THANKS FOR 600 READS ASDFDGJLDAHLFSB

-----

Since the day Phil had wiped away Dan's tears, Dan couldn't stop smiling. It was as with his tears, Phil had also wiped away all the clouds that had darkened Dan's view on himself and the world. Phil was literally like the sun on a rainy day. He was his distraction, his tower of strength, he solved every problem that seemed impossible to solve. He was a hero, for Dan.

Dan looked up to his wall. He let his eyes wander over all of the lyrics he had written down over the years. He remembered every single song lyric he had written down, from his first one

I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all

From Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody, which he wrote down 2 days after he got into MIR, to the latest one

You brought me to life

You make me feel like I'm living a teenage dream

He had written down the first time he had touched Phil. But... was this really what it was? Why did Dan even write that down, it wasn't like he was in love with Phil...

Tough, before Phil met him, Dan had only written down really sad lyrics, songs he had listened to after the incident, which were of course really depressing and sad. But, however, since Phil came into his life he had never felt like one of these songs anymore. In the past, whenever he looked up at his wall and reread the lines, he could relate to every single one of them. But nowadays, all of the things he had wrote down were just not... him. He knew that at some point he had felt like that, of course, because if not he wouldn't have written that down. But now... It was just so different, and some of these lines were only half a year ago.

His eyes wandered further and then he noticed a special line, right beside his door. A line he hadn't written down, that was for sure. Also, it was written with a black liner pen and not with a pencil like all of the others.

Dan stood up and walked towards the door, his eyes fixed on that one line. It was very small, barely readable if you didn't stand right in front of it. While coming nearer, he noticed that it wasn't his hand writing. It was completely different, it was wider and rounder. He bowed down and narrowed his eyes to decipher the words – surely it was a lyric of some song, but Dan didn't know the song.

Honestly, I wanna see you be brave.

Dan brushed over the words with his finger as he tried to think about someone who could have written this. For sure it weren't one of the nurses or Scott, since Dan was in the room with them at all times. And Phil... Dan tried to think of any time he had left Phil alone in his room the last days.

Maybe when Dan was on the toilet yesterday and Phil entered the room in the meantime? But why would he write something on Dan's wall, Phil doesn't even know what everything on this wall meant?!

Nevertheless, this was a very obvious statement, no matter who had written this down. They wanted Dan to be brave, something that he also wanted for himself, clearly. Yet to have another person encourage him to, even just indirectly, made him want to step out of his comfort zone even more.

Dan had attended the Support every day of the last week, he felt so amazing every time he finished another session. It was always just them, only John, Zoe, Chris, Anthony and him. Even though they were a really small group, it made Dan more comfortable than any crowd of people ever could. He could really open up to these people because he knew that they could all understand his feelings and emotions. They all have their own stories to tell; and it really helped Dan to know that they are all going through similar struggles.