Chapter 5

A/N: Sorry for not uploading in so long, explanation at the end. Everything written in italics are thoughts.

Phil whistled as he entered the changing room.

It has become a new daily routine for him: wake up, go for a run, shower, have breakfast, walk to MIR, get changed, have a short chat with PJ and Mr. Hoying, spending a few hours with Daniel, walking home and getting a coffee on the way, filming or editing a video for his main or gaming channel, watching an anime and going to bed. He was pretty used to it right now, but it didn't bother him in any way. He loved this new style of living.He put his watch, his belt, phone, keys, wallet and chewing gum into his locker.

To be quite honest, why am I even doing this? Phil asked himself. No one ever checked if Phil actually left all of his "possible weapons" in the locker room. But Phil really wanted to play by the rules – because in no ways would he risk losing Daniel. Phil thought about it quite a lot these days. It has been 6 weeks since he first met Daniel. He had become such a big part of his daily routine that Phil was at a point where he doubted he could live without it. Phil didn't know he needed it until it was there – something to care for. He had always wanted a pet, which never worked out because of his allergies.

But now, he had a companion to care for, and that's all Phil could ever ask for. Of course it was kind of strange to talk to... yourself. But Phil learned to just keep on talking, about everything. What happened on his favourite anime, what the dumb woman in the coffee shop said yesterday or what strange things happened on his morning run. Still, after 6 weeks, Daniel wouldn't talk to him. Every day it was the same – when Phil enters the room, he would hide under his blankets whimpering in fear o someone trying to hurt him, but as soon as Phil said: "Hey Daniel, it's me Phil!" Dan would poke his eyes out from under his blanket, listening to Phil's rant until he left. Day by Day.

Suddenly, Phil heard a quiet knock on the door. "Come in!" he called out.

A young man entered the room. He was tall. Not as tall as Phil though, yet he surely was about 6 feet tall. He had brown hair in a slight quiff, a little beard and huge brown eyes. "Oh hi there. Did I disturb you?" the guy asked with an unexpected weird voice.

"No, I was just about to go!" Phil answered smiling.

"I'm Alfie Deyes!" The man said, reaching his hand out to Phil's.

"Phil Lester." Phil answered happily. He loved getting to know new people. "Have you also adopted someone?"

"Yes I did, it's only my second day... I'm really nervous..." Alfie said awkwardly with his hands in his pockets.

"Don't worry, it'll be better soon. And it's big fun!" Phil said cheerfully.

"Really? She wouldn't even talk to me... Like how am I meant to bond with her when she doesn't even try..." Alfie asked.

"Believe me, she does try. I don't know her or her story, but I'm sure it's just very hard for her to talk to people in general. It's not just you!" Phil answered encouraging.

"Are you sure?" Alfie asked sceptically.

"I am." Phil said. "I have come here for over 6 weeks now and Daniel still doesn't talk to me. But it's fine, because I know his back-story and I know the reason why he acts like this. You just need to understand this!"

Alfie was digging in his pockets, searching for something. Shortly after he pulled out a little key, that Phil recognized as the key for the lockers. Alfie started to empty his pockets, just like Phil did before. Headphones, keys, phone, wallet, tissues and a bag of mints.

"But I just feel awkward talking to someone who wouldn't answer..." he continued further while taking off his belt.

"I know..." Phil agreed. "But you'll get used to it. Just keep on rambling, that's the only thing you can do. Talk about everything you did that day, for example."