Chapter 22

A/N: get ready for a fluffy heart attack and a long ass chapter.

-------

"What are you doing here?" Luke asked with a joyful expression.

Phil looked at the guy in front of him. He must be around Dan's age, maybe a year older. He was as tall as Phil and had a very nice expression to be honest. His hair colour though definitely wasn't natural, as it was almost orange instead of red. Although you could clearly tell from his skin tone, his eyes and from the roots in his hair that he was ginger. 

"Uhm, excuse me, who are you?" Phil asked in a neutral tone, completely ignoring his question. Phil totally knew who that guy was. Dan had only once mentioned a guy called Luke and Phil swore on his mum's life that this was the same guy. He had noticed that Dan just stood there frozen, still clinging onto his arm, unable to say a word. He was just staring at the guy in front of him.

"I'm Luke Cutforth, Dan's boyfr-, I mean... Ex-boyfriend." He said unsteady, risking a short glance to his right.

Only now Phil noticed the short girl clinging onto Luke's side. She had very short, blonde hair that was almost white. Even though she had a very tired and dull expression, she looked at both Dan and Phil completely non-judgemental. 'Oh, so she is probably his new girlfriend.' Phil thought. And concerning the girl's clothes she was also clearly a patient in MIR.

"So is Dan your caretaker or what?" Luke asked, now addressing Phil.

"Uhm, no. I'm his." Phil answered, unsure of how much he wanted to tell Luke. Did he know what happened to Dan? They never talked about it, so Phil didn't know if Luke broke up with Dan because of his silence or because he couldn't deal with the situation.

"Really?! Dan, what happened to you?!" Luke asked Dan with a concerned expression.

Dan just stood there, looking at the red-haired guy in disbelief. Could it be? He hadn't thought about Luke in so long and now this guy that had caused him so many sleepless nights was standing in front of him. Here, in MIR. As Luke took a step towards him, Dan clung onto Phil's arm even tighter and tried to hide behind Phil's broad shoulders, still cautiously eyeing Luke. He just broke up with Dan because he didn't talk to him back then and now all of a sudden he was interested in his situation?!

"Uhm, sorry, please don't come to close, I think Dan doesn't like that. I'm sure you can understand." Phil answered politely after he noticed Dan's reaction.

But Luke didn't seem to understand. "Do you really think you know him?! Are you really under the impression that this guy his honest to you?!" Luke asked with rage in his voice.

Phil noticed the short girl on Luke's side whispering something like 'Stop!' into his ears and he bluntly ignored it.

"Come on Dan, tell him what happened!" Luke now full on screamed trying to hit Dan with both hands.

Now, Phil was a very polite and friendly guy. But he felt somewhat protective of Dan and this weird guy, his used-to-be-boyfriend that tried to hit this little precious thing – that was too much.

"Don't you dare touching him!" Phil said in a quiet but threatening voice.

Luke's face was a full on question mark, as he didn't expect Phil to be able to scare him that much. However, this surely won't hold him back.

"Just wait until he stops talking to you. It happened to me and then you will be hurt. Just you wait." Luke said, as equally as threatening and quiet as Phil.

"This never bothered me. But instead of you, I don't let him fall when he needs me the most. I won't leave him because of something like this, and you know why? Because he means something to me!" Phil fired back.