Epilogue

2 years later

Akia

I placed both bouquets of flowers on each tombstone as I said my final goodbyes.

"I'm coming back in four years to visit you two. Please keep watch over me like you always do." I got up and placed a kiss on each of their tombstones.

"Baby, you ready to go?" Alex asked, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah, let's go." I said, standing up and grabbing his hand.

We walked to his car, and he opened the door for me to get in. He got in afterwards, and got on the road.

"Baby, turn that frown upside down." He said, slightly glancing at me.

"I can't."

He sighed and said, "You know if they were here they would wanna see you smile."

I slightly smiled, "Yeah, you're right."

"We're about to go to college in a few minutes. They're proud of us. They're proud of you." He said, stoppingbat a red light.

"I know, I know."

"So, can you smile for me? Smile for them?"

I busted out with a giant cheese on my face.

"There's my girl." He said, leaning into me for a kiss.

We kissed until cars began honking their horns behind us. I giggled on Alex's lips, and he pulled away from me.

He pulled into the driveway of the house, and I got out. He got out after me, and grabbed our bags out of the car.

I walked up the steps of the house with Alex behind me. He leaned over and kissed my cheek as I knocked lightly on the door.

After a couple minutes, the door opened.

"Bout time ya'll muhfuckas here!" Cassidy yelled, embracing me in a hug.

--

Cassidy

"We had to make a stop at the cemetary." Akia told me. I nodded and hugged her again.

"It'll be alright, baby." I told her. Her grandmother had died and she went to go visit her at the cemetary that Lamar and my father was buried also.

"I understand." She stated, wiping her tears.

"Now, smile for me bitch."

She smiled at me and I moved for her to come in. I embraced Alex in a hug, and he came in after.

"You alright, sis?" He asked me.

I nodded, "Of course!"

"Wassap, nigga!" Major yelled, taking his arms from around Cherry and Mariah and walking towards Alex.

Alex dapped him up, and said, "I'm just ready to go!"

"I feel yah, bruh." Major replied.

"Where I'm pose to put our stuff?"  

 "Just put them on the floor, nigga. Ain't nobody tryna leave yet."

"I know ya'll leaving me today, but cursing is still not allowed in my house!" My mama cried, coming out of the kitchen.

"Sorry, ma." Major said, going over to her and kissing her.

"Hey, ma." Alex said, walking towards her and kissing her, too. Akia did the same afterwards.