Chapter 14 ~

Lamar

After my last class, I went to the gym. I had to release my anger on a punching bag.

I got to the gym and ran right into Cassidy.

"Hey Lamar .." She said, quietly.

I gave her the sup nod, and continued my stroll into the weights area.

"Wassap, bruh?" My nigga, Zacc, asked me.

"Shit .. I just got alot on my mind." I said, dapping him up.

"I feel yah."

"Why you here? I barely see you in the gym, thug?" I asked him.

Zacc sighed, "Mom's and pop's fighting .. physically. Got me stressed out."

I couldn't tell Zacc I understood where he was coming from, cause I don't. My mom's and pop's were in deep love before my father went to jail for murder. The way my father smiled in my face, I wouldn't have even thought he would do some shit like that.

"Alright, good luck, bruh. If you need anything, my house is your home. I gotchu." I said.

"Thanks, man. You that nigga." He pulled me into a side hug.

I grabbed my bag and headed to the locker room. I put on a wife beater, and some hooping shorts and went back into the weight room.

I lifted a couple of weights, and ran the treadmill. I made my way to the back, and starting beating on the punching bag.

I had to get that nigga, Speedy. I warned Cassi about him, but she insisted on going with him. I know that nigga, been knowing him since middle school. He beat and cheat on females. This nigga fucking slapped my lil sister. I couldn't have that shit. I gotta get him before he do more than just slap her. He fucked up big time now.

I punched the bag harder, and harder, with more force.

"Lamar?" I heard Cassi's quiet voice say.

"Yes?" I asked, still punching the bag.

"Calm down." She said.

"Ain't you suppose to be practicing?" I asked, not looking at her.

"Yeah, but I wanted to talk to you."

"Speak." I said, punching the bag harder.

"Can you stop punching the bag, and look at me?" She asked.

I obeyed. I turned around to see her with tears in her eyes.

"It was my fault, Lamar." She said, putting her head down.

I walked up towards her and wrapped my arms around her.

"It ain't yo fault, Cassi. It's my fault for letting yo ass fuck with him. But, it's alright, I got him."

She looked up at me and said, "No, L. I'ma do what I gotta do, alright?"

I let out a deep sigh, "Alright, Cassi."

"Say it with confidence." She said, smiling.

I smiled back and wiped away her tears, "Okaaaay, Cassi!"

"Thank you." She replied, releasing me. She began making her way towards the exit.

"Is that all you came for?" I asked.

"No, I also wanted to make sure my big brother wasn't mad at me." She said, looking back at me.

"Naw, you're my lil sister. No matter what dumbass shit you be doing, I'ma still love you." I said.

She smiled and said, "I love you, too, Lamar."

I smiled and turned around to finish punching the bag.

**

I grabbed my bag and made my way back into the gym.

I dapped up a couple of niggas, "Take care, bruh." I told Zacc.

"Thanks, Diaz." He said.

I walked out of the gym and made my way to the bleachers near the track. Cassi and Kia was almost done practicing, so I decided to wait on them.

"Hey, Lamar." I heard a voice behind me say. I looked back to see it was Erica, a hoe I used to fuck ... with.

"Wassap?" I said, just giving her the sup nod.

"You act like you ain't miss me." She said, randomly.

I laughed and said, "If it bursts your bubble, then yes, I did miss you."

I looked up to see Cassi and Kia getting their bags to go. They started making their way towards me.

"Wassap, ya'll?" I asked them when they finally got to the top of the bleachers.

"I'm just tryna get my ass home." Kia said, making us laugh, except for Erica. She just mugged Kia and Cassi.

"Who this?" Cassi asked, pointing to her.

"This an old friend, Erica." I said.

"Oh .. wassap?" Cassi asked her. She just rolled her eyes and fluffled her weave.

"Uh .. I'm finna go. I'm tired as fuck." Kia said, beginning to walk down the bleachers.

"When the hell you not tired?" I asked. She shot a bird at me.

"I gotta leave too, bro. I'll call you tonight." Cassi said, hugging me and walking down the bleachers.

"I don't like them, Lamar." Erica told me.

I laughed and grabbed my bag, "Why?"

"Bullshit .. but, they gone get theres." She said.

"You ain't touching them, and the last time I checked, Lia whooped your ass, and your friend, Nikki." I replied, calmly.

"Fuck you, Lamar." She said, running down the bleachers.

I shrugged my shoulders, and grabbed my bag. I didn't have no time for no small talk, but I was stopped by Zacc.

"Hey, man. I know you're tired of seeing me, but I need some advice."

"You good .. wassap?"

"You know how I told you about my parents arguments? Well, I have this little sister, Clara. She's 4, and she tells me that when nobody's home but her & my dad, he does things to her. I'm kinda scared to believe her, but she can't make up no shit like that. I ain't told nobody, and she ain't told nobody but me. So, what should I do?"

I looked at him and tried to hide the haterd on my face, "Look bruh, here's my number. Call me up tonight."

"Thanks." He said, and he made his way to his car.

I got to my car and pulled out of the student parking lot. I was tired as fuck and just wanted to sleep.

I stopped at a red light and looked to the side to see a couple girls jumping another girl at the bus stop, and a nigga recording it.

I just laughed it off, and looked back at the light. I quickly glanced back at the scene to see one of the girls was Erica.

I looked down at the girl they was jumping. She looked like she had just came out of practice, wearing sweatpants, running shoes, and a headband.

I took a closer look at the girl. I could see the familiar Jordan necklace around her neck glisten in the streetlight.

They were jumping my little sister; they were jumping Cassidy.