Chapter 28 ~

"Bout time, hoe." Akia said, as I sat in the passenger seat of her car.

"Shut the hell up." I said, playfully shoving her.

"Why you wanna go to the mall so bad anyway?" She asked, pulling onto the road.

"I gotta buy something to wear tonight."

"Tonight? Where you going, what you doing, and who you doing it with?" She shrieked.

"I don't know where we're going, and I'm going out to eat, and I'm going with Major."

"Oh, it better be him. Cause I swear, the next time I see Speedy, I'ma kill that ass. No joke."

I smiled, "It's alright, Kia."

"I was sitting in my bed, facing the wall. All I could think about was Lamar. Speedy walked into the room, drunk as ever. I couldn't remember anything after that, before he hit me. Yung just told me what happened.

"Cassidy, when you gone get yo lazy ass up off this bed and cook me some?" He asked, taking his shoes off.

"Bitch, I know you hear me." He said, looking back at me. I continued to stare blankly at the wall.

"If you don't answer me, Cassidy .."

He started walking closer to the bed, and stood right beside me, his face to my ear.

"Nigga, the fuck you doing?" Yung asked.

"Calm ... down, bitch. I'm finna ... let her know ... some." He said, slurring his words.

"You gone get killed fucking with me, bitch." He said, back hand slapping me across my face.

I was awoken from my day dream with my face in a pillow, and then the excuriating pain started filling my cheek.

"NIGGA, GET THE FUCK OUT!" I heard Yung yell.

I looked up to see Speedy with both hands covering his mouth, and shock in his eyes.

"C-Cassi, I-I-"

Next thing I see is Yung with Speedy in a head lock and leading him out of the room. Yung is strong as fuck, so Speedy's eyes were rolling to the back of his head."

I looked out the window to see Akia pulling into a parking spot.

"Come on, you gotta look sexy for my brother-in-law." She said, shaking me out of my thoughts. 

I giggled and locked my arm in hers as we walked into the mall.

We went into Forever 21 and bought my complete outfit. I was gonna look gooood.

We went into Footlocker, and I bought a couple Jordans, and Akia bought some, too.

After us completing our shopping, we went to the food court. I bought a pecan cinnamon roll and an oreo chillatta from Cinnabon, while Akia asian ass bout some Chinese food.

We sat at a booth, and talked, laughed, giggled, and gossiped. I missed these moments with her when I was in my depression.

"Baby, guess what?" She said, sipping her lemonade.

"Wassap, boo?"

She put her drink down, and wiped her mouth.

"I gotta go outta state to visit my granny with the family in a couple of days."

I looked down, "Oh .. how long are you gonna be there?"

"A couple of weeks, but I'ma call your ass 24/7 and stay on that ass 24/7."