Chapter 11 ~

I came home from my day out with my boyfriend. I texted Akia when I got into the house.

Me - Wassap, boo?

MyLilAsian - bout time you can text a bitch, whatchu did today?

Me - Well, Speedy came over .. and, then some (;

MyLilAsian - What biiiitch? Ya'll fucked?

Me - Naw .. something else.

MyLilAsian - nasty asses .. ion even wanna know!

Me - Aha, whatchu did today?

MyLilAsian - Me & Alex went to the park .. and Major came, 3rd wheeling.

I was too caught up with Speedy today, I forgot about Major.

Me - Aw, my poor baby. I'm finna call him.

MyLilAsian - Baby? Mhm, my hoe pimpin'!

Me - Aw, shut that shit up.

Before I could call Major, I heard my mother and Cherry come into the house.

"Cassi!" Cherry yelled, running towards me.

"Wassap, shortcake?" I asked, lifting her into the air. I was happy that they were home.

"We went to go see Grandma in the other city. She was in the bed and I was scared."

I looked over to my mom to see she was crying.

"Don't be scared, Cherry. She'll be alright." I said, trying to convince myself more than convincing her.

"Okay, Cassi."

"Now, go upstairs and take a bath so you can eat dinner." I said, letting her go.

I walked into the kitchen to see my ma getting stuff out of the fridge.

"Mama, are you alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, I just got a whole lotta stuff running through my mind."

"How's granny?"

"She's in the worst condition I've seen her in yet." She said, bursting into tears.

I went over to her and hugged her. I sat her down, and let her tears flow freely onto my sweater.

We sat for what seemed like eternity. She cried, sniffled, and blew her nose into my top. I cried along with her. I hate seeing my mother like this. This was the second time I've ever seen her like this.

Through her tears and sniffles, my mother spoke, "Baby, I think I gotta do what I gotta do."

I hesitated for a moment, "What is that, Mama?"

"I'm going down south to stay with my mother for her to get better. I want to be by her side at all times. I can't stand for her to go without me saying anything to her, so I wanna be there." She said, crying harder.

I was devestated, but I understood what she meant. She wasn't there for my father to give him her last words, so she wants to be there for my granny.

"I understand, Mama." I replied, calmly.

"I want you and Cherry to stay up here while I go down there. I know you're responsible to take care of yourself, baby, but I'm gonna let Cherry stay with your Auntie Steff."

I felt the tears in my eyes begin to come. I then felt them pour out. Two of my favorite girls leaving me at the same damn time.

"I know, baby. I know. Let it all out. I know what's right for us, and we'll all be back together eventually. I'll be leaving in two days. I'm gonna give you all the black cards, so you can take care of any sudden bills. Cassidy, this is part of your growing up process." She said. I was now bawling out tears in her dress, while she was crying in mine.

I hugged and kissed my mother, and left her in the kitchen. I wish my father was still alive right now. I would cuddle up with him, and he would be stroking my hair, telling me it'll be alright.

I texted Speedy, so he could come over and comfort me.

MyBaby❤- I'm helping mom's with something, baby. I'll be there tomarrow.

I texted Kia.

MyLilAsian - I was out way past my curfew, chicka. Daddy took my car keys, stupid bitch. I got you tomarrow.

I texted my brother, Lamar.

BigBroL - shawty, I'm at my mama's house. I'ma pick you up tomarrow, lil sis.

I cried into my pillow some more. I felt my phone buzz in my hand.

ThisNigga :) - Wassap, Cass?

Me - Major, can you please come over? I need someone to lean on right now.

I gave him the address to my house, and kept crying into my pillow. I threw my phone at the wall, but it didn't break, luckily.

After about 30 minutes of crying in my pillow, I began balling up all the drawings me and my mother did together. I knew she was gonna be back, but I just couldn't stand my other parent leaving me again.

I came across a photo of me, Cherry, my daddy, and my mother. We were all smiling .. one big happy family. I took a thumbnail and put it on my wall.

I went into the hallway to go and throw my trash away, but I heard voices at the bottom of the steps.

"Hello, ma'am. I'm looking for Cassidy, is she here?"

"Yes, she's upstairs in her room. May I ask who I'm speaking with?" I heard my mother question. Her voice was still trembling, and shaky.

"I'm a friend of hers, Major."

"Oh, so you're Major? She's told me much about you. Well, she's in a litte dismay right .."

Her voice trailed off as I looked at the balled up artwork my mother did for me. She was an artist. When she had free time, we would paint pictures, or she would paint some for me.

I turned around and threw my trashcan on the ground. I sat on my bed, with my knees to my chest and my head down, and I began crying again. Sobbing all out, hysterically.

I suddenly felt the side of my bed go down, and two arms wrap around me. The feel of the hug immediatly reminded me of my father, but that sweet smelling cologne gave it away.

I released my knees, and turned to cry in Major's chest. He began stroking my hair, and I started crying louder and harder. It felt as if my father had took the form of Major, and he came to comfort me.

I cried, and cried, and cried, until I fell asleep .. wrapped inside of my father's arms.