Chapter 16 ~

I woke up the next morning with a major headache.

I took a couple of Advil's and took a shower. I freshened up and put on my pink Chanel sweater & sweatpants. I just wanted to chill at my house today.

I went downstairs to see my mother grabbing suitcases, and putting them near the door.

"You need any help, Mama?" I asked.

"Yeah, baby. I got some more of my suitcases upstairs, and some of Cherry's."

I went back upstairs into Cherry's room. She was sitting on her bed, back facing the door.

"Hey, Cherry." I said, calmly.

"Hi Cassi." She said, without turning around.

I just walked up to her and wrapped her in a hug. She began crying hysterically.

"I'll miss you, Cherry." I said, inbetween the sniffles.

"I'll miss you more, Cassi." She replied, hugging me tighter.

I finally let her go and said, "Follow me."

I brought her into my room and sat her on my bed. I went over to my jewelry box and took out a Jordan necklace that was the exact copy of the one my dad bought for me.

"I want you to have this. It'll remind you of me. Nothing bad will happen to you when you're wearing it, so I never want you to take it off."

"Thank you, Cassi. It matches the bracelet daddy bought for me." She said, referring to the gift my dad got for her on that Christmas Day.

I also wrote down the house number, and my cell phone number on a sheet of paper and gave it to her.

"When you want to talk to me, use the phone at Auntie Steff's house and call me, okay? I'll answer, no matter what I'm doing."

She smiled and hugged me one last time. "I love you, Cassidy."

"I love you, too, Crystal."

I heard the doorbell ring, and my mama yell, "Cassi, could you get the door? I'm kinda busy!"

"Cherry, go get your suitcases. Alright?" I said, letting her go.

We walked out of my room, and I went into my mother's room.

I grabbed a couple of her suitcases and went downstairs. The doorbell rang again.

"I'm coming!" I yelled.

I opened the door to see Speedy. He was dressed in a wrinkled suit, and he held a big bouquet of flowers in his hand. His curly hair was everywhere, and he had stubble on his chin.

He got on one knee and said, "Cassi, will you please forgive me?"

I didn't say anything, I just looked.

He got on both knees, and put his shoulders down, as well as his head. "Cassidy, I don't care if you break up with me right now, I just wanna hear your voice. This silent treatment is killing me. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry .."

He continued with the 'I'm sorry's' until I gave in. I grabbed the flowers from his hands, and he immediatly looked up. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and kissed him.

I broke the kiss and said, "If you ever do that shit again, I'ma kill yo ass."

He kissed me again and said, "You ain't gotta worry bout that, then."

I heard my mother clear her throat from behind me.

"Oh, excuse me, Mama. This is my boyfriend, Speedy."