Chapter 8 ~

Tryouts went by quickly, but I was extremley tired.

I grabbed my sports bag, and a bottle of Gatorade and made my way to Akia.

"Damn, I hope all these tryouts pay off. The bitch posting the team up tomarrow." Akia said, taking a sip of her Gatorade.

"I know right .. hell naw, a bitch was finna die out here today."

I looked over to the bleachers to see Major and Alex sitting there, and squinting their eyes as if they were looking for someone.

"Look, Kia." I told her, nodding my head their way.

"Ooh, there go my nigga!" She exclaimed, "Let's go sneak up on their asses."

We slowly went up the other side of the bleachers. Simultaneously, we yelled, "Boo!"

They jumped and stood over us. Me and Akia burst out laughing.

"Man, that shit ain't funny! Ya'll was tryna kill a nigga on the low!" Alex said, getting mad.

"Aww, Cassi, look! He getting mad!" Akia said, going over to hug him.

I laughed, and walked over to Major. "You look like you just seen a ghost, nigga."

He chuckled and leaned down to hug me. I was only wearing a sports bra and sweat pants, so his hands felt good on my skin.

"Whatever. Ya'll can't be doing that to niggas like us."

"Why not?"

"Cause ya'll don't know what we might pull out." He said, taking my Gatorade and drinking it.

I laughed, "Nigga, please. And, you're welcome." I began to shiver at the cold air.

"You want my jacket?" Major asked me, taking it off.

"Naw, I'm good."

He took it off, and put it on me anyway.

"Thanks." I said, shyly, "Anyway, I gave you my number to use, why you ain't use it yet?"

"I only text or call a girl if they're either my girlfriend, or I feel like we ain't gone see each other again. I like face to face better than text to text."

I looked away for a moment then said, "So, if I call you tonight, you won't answer?"

He chuckled, but before he could reply, I felt an arm go around my shoulder.

"Wassap bruh?" I heard Speedy say to Major.

"Wassap?" Major replied, showing no intimidation or fear, even though Speedy was just a little bit taller than him.

"I'ma see you around, Major." I said, releasing Speedy's grasp and giving Major a hug.

"Bye, boo. Text me." I told Akia, giving her a hug, too.

"Bye, Alex." He gave me the sup nod, and I walked down the bleachers and speed-walked to my car.

"Cassi!" I heard Speedy yell.

I opened the backseat of my car, and put my bag in it.

I felt Speedy's arm wrap around my waist as I was bent over.

I finished putting my stuff in my car and stood straight. I turned around and pushed Speedy off of me.

"What you want?" I asked him.

"I wanna know why the hell you got this sudden attitude towards me?" He asked, sitting inside the passenger seat of my car, with his legs outside of it.