Chapter 26 ~

I looked at the man with disgust.

This was the man who killed my father. The one who killed my joy of living.

I looked at my mother and her eyes were still fixed on my Auntie Kaylee. I pray that my Uncle Ray doesn't come to the altar cause all hell's WILL break loose.

The polices escorted my uncle to the altar. Great.

I couldn't keep my eyes off of my mother. I knew she was finna blow up at any moment now.

"Oh, there he is. I'm so glad he could make it." My Auntie Kaylee said. The polices took the handcuffs off of Lamar's father and he embraced her and kissed her. Then, he began to speak:

"Lamar was my son who I loved dearly. No type of love had anything compared to the type of love I had for my son. I wasn't the perfect father figure in his life, but I tried my best. If he's looking down on me right now, I just want to tell him I'm sorry. I had to do what I had to do, and I risked losing my son. I'm sorry for all the pain I've caused him .."

He had to do what he had to do? Was this man delusional?

I looked at my mother one last time and she was changing colors. Her light skin complexion was now a bright red. Her leg was moving furiously as she stood, and she wrapped her hair into an elastic rubber band.

"Major .." I said, looking at my mother.

"I see her." He said, taking his grasp off me and walking to the end of the pew.

My mother whispered something to Cherry and my Auntie Steff, and she took off her heels. She ran full force up the steps of the altar, with Major, Akia, Alex, and myself right behind her.

She got a good slap out of my Uncle Ray, and a good kick to the balls right before Major pulled her back by her waist. He threw her over his shoulder and we walked right behind him.

"YOU STUPID FUCKED UP IN THE HEAD ASS BITCH! YOU KILLED MY FUCKING HUSBAND! OLE RETARTED ASS! JUST WAIT!! I'M GET YA ASS BACK!" My mother screamed. She began kicking and hitting Major for him to release her.

Gasps and whispers went around the room. I could care less to what they were saying because if I was my mother, I woulda did the exact same thing.

Major kicked open the doors to the church and we all went outside. He sat my mother on the stairs and she began to cry.

"I'm so sorry, Cassi. I didn't mean to. It's just that when I saw-"

"Mama, it's okay. Please, what are you apologizing for? I would have did the same thing if I were in your shoes." I said, sitting beside her and hugging her.

"No, but that was so unlady like. And, then it was at a funeral! I feel so embarressed. What will everyone think of me?" She said, sniffling into my dress.

"Don't worry about what everyone else thinks of you. Worry about what we think of you, Mama. Me and Cherry. You're a strong, independent woman, and I want you to know that, okay?"

She nodded her head and we sat like that for about 10 minutes, talking, before my Auntie Steff came out with Cherry.

"C, I think we should just get going, iight?" Auntie Steff told my mama.

"Alright, Stefanie. Let me just say goodbye to Cassidy." She replied, standing up.

She helped me up and I embraced my mama.

"Goodbye, Sweetheart. I love you so much, and I'll see you again soon. Call me when you get home, and please don't forget." She cried.

I left my tears on her dress and said, "I love you, too, Mama. And, okay."