Chapter 23 ~

New Year's Eve had come quicker than expected.

I wanted to be alone today. I didn't wanna think, talk, anything like that. I just wanted to stay in the house and eat ice cream.

New Year's Eve was the day that my father was killed. Last year. This was the first year that I had to come in without him by my side.

"Baby, you gone be okay while I'm gone?" Speedy asked me as he put on his work uniform.

I nodded my head and continued to eat my ice cream.

"Are you sure? I'll check in sick if you want me to." He said, walking towards my bed.

I shook my head and he leaned down and kissed my lips.

"Bye, baby." He said, walking towards the door.

I smiled as he closed the door behind him. After I knew he was completely gone, I got up and took a two hour shower with my Carried Away shower gel.

I got out and checked the time. 11:00.

I pulled on a hoodie, sweats, Jordans, a beanie, and my Jordan necklace. I put on my bracelet Major gave me on one arm and I put the one my mother gave me on the other.

I grabbed my car keys, and I walked out of the front door.

**

I took a deep breath and stepped out of my car. I placed the big bouquet of flowers underneath my father's tombstone.

I sat indian style in front of it and began speaking.

"Hey, Daddy. How you been? God treating you good up there? I hope you're living large like you were down here. I've been pretty well .. been talking to Cherry and mama almost everyday. I really miss them, but not as much as I miss you. I wish you were with me right now, but stupid Uncle Ray just had to be so jealous. Why can't I see people for who they are right once I meet them? I wish I was like one of those paranormal physic kinda people, ya know? Ha, that'll be cool. I wish I could relive this exact same day two years ago, when all of us; me, you, Mama, and Cherry were outside popping bottles, and anytime I put the bottle near my lips, you'd smack it out my hand. That had to be the best day ever.."

I continued to talk to my daddy for a total of 5 hours, catching up on the good times. Remembering all of the good, the bad, and the ugly.

"Gosh, daddy. Look at the time." I checked the watch that was in my pocket. "4:00. I been talking with you for 5 hours. Well, I guess I gotta go now. I'll speak to you later. Please continue to keep watch over me, Mama, and Cherry. I love you, daddy, and I miss you so much."

I kissed my father's tombstone and began making my way to my car.

As I was rubbing the tears out of my eyes and walking towards my car, I accidentally bumped into someone.

"Oh .. I'm sorry. I couldn't-"

"It's alright." I heard Major's voice say.

I looked up to him to see that his eyes were red and he had flowers in his hands.

My bottom lip began to quiver, and I busted out into tears. Major embraced me, and I heard him sniffle too.

I don't know how long we were standing there, but I wanted it to be for forever. With Major hugging me, it felt as if my father was hugging me.

He began releasing his grip on me, but I only hugged him tighter.

"Please, don't let me go." I begged.

He kissed my forehead, and hugged me tighter.

I eventually let him go so he could talk to his mother.