Chapter 3 ~

I walked into the house to be stopped by the sweet smell of chocolate brownies.

"Cassi!" Cherry yelled, running towards me.

"Hey, sweetthang. You had fun today?" I said, lifting her up and kissing her cheek.

If I didn't love anything else in the world, I loved my 4-year old sister, Cherry, and my mother.

"Yes, I did! I made 2 friends, Tiff and JR!"

"That's great."

"Did you make any friends?"

"Yup, their names are Lamar and Akia."

"Yay! We can go on a 6 people date!" She said, squirming out of my grasp.

I laughed and went into the kitchen, "Hey mama." I said, giving her a kiss.

"Hey boo," She said, "I heard the news when you were telling Cherry. I hope them names you called are some right friends."

"Yes ma'am, they are."

"So, altogether, was today a good day? How you liking the school?"

I decided to not tell my mother about the stupid bitches in the hallway, "Yeah, it was good. It just took me a while to find my classes. It's a nice school, tho."

"Okay, but if you encounter any problems, tell me. I'll take your butt outta that school so fast .."

I giggled and said, "Alright ma. But, I'm finna go 'out.'"

Her happy eyes suddenly turned sad, and she hugged and kissed me.

"Okay baby, tell him how we're doing."

I wiped away her sudden tears, "Yes ma'am."

I began walking towards the door before Cherry asked, "Cassi, where you going?"

I managed to put a smile on my face and said, "I'm going to go talk to a friend."

"Okay, hurry up! Cause JR gave me his house number and he wanted me to call him after I did my homework, I think he likes me."

I laughed and said, "Okay, I will. Bye, Cherry."

**

I parked my car on the curb of the cemetary, and grabbed the flowers that were in the passenger seat.

I made my way to the headstone that read: Willium "G" Logan

I placed the flowers underneath the headstone, and sat in front of it with my legs crisscrossed.

I told my father about my first day at Rocky High. I also told him about the bitches who scattered my shit, Akia and the girl who called us hoes, and the help I got from Lamar. I also mentioned to him about the boy who helped me get to Geometry, who I learned name was Speedy.

After I was done, I kissed my father's headstone and began making my way to my car.

Before I got there, I noticed a boy crying hysterically at another headstone.

I went over to him and patted him on his back, "Hey, I know you don't know me, but I'm sorry for your loss."

He stood up, turned around, and looked down at me. He was darkskin, and much more taller than me. He was skinny, and had black dreads with red tips. He smiled at me, and I noticed his braces.

He wiped away his tears and said, "Thanks."

I awkwardly smiled and began walking to my car again.

"Hey, wait!" I heard him yell. I turned around to see him jogging towards my car.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I noticed your dried tears. I'm not tryna be rude, but who'd you lose?"

"No problem, but I lost my father in the beginning of the year to a hit and run accident."

"Oh .. I'm sorry to hear that. I lost my mom to cancer last year. She was strong, but cancer's powerful. Anyway, I'm not tryna keep you here all day."

"Yeah, it's okay. Nice to meet you ..?"

"Major. What's your name?"

"Cassidy." I said, shaking his hand.

"Alright Cassidy, hopefully I'll see you again."

"You too."

I watched as he walked away. Damn, he was sexy.

I got back home and went upstairs. I always leave my phone in my room when I go to talk to my dad.

I checked my phone to see a missed call from Akia. I called her back.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey Kia." I said.

"Girl, bout time you called back! Whatchu been doing?"

"I was talking to my dad." I replied, honestly.

She chuckled slightly and said, "Ya'll couldn't have waited?"

I sighed and then told her about my deceased father.

After that, I decided to tell her about Speedy.

"You talmbout Speedy Lockhart?!" She asked, surprised.

"Tall, caramel, big eyes?"

"Yes! OMG! Do you not know that ALL the girls at Rocky High want that nigga? If it ain't Lamar, then it's him! Damn boo, you got it good!"

I laughed and said, "I'm not surprised, Speedy is SEXY."

"Hell fucking yeah! But, be cautious, good looks can decieve ya."

"Trust me, I know."

I talked to Akia on my phone until it was like 10.

"Bye, Cassi girl .. a bitch need her sleep." She said, yawning.

"Night night."

I cut off my phone, and went to sleep. Another day at Rocky High was heading my way.