No.35 - Vision

Aria's POV

I finally reached the state of bliss called sleep when I felt something heavy press down on my chest. I took a deep breath to remove it in my sleep, but it seemed to call to me. Like the cajoling of a fire, leading me deeper.. deeper... deeper...

----------
'Hello Aria.' I spun round, as I did I caught sight of a blinding light. I squinted and tried to cover my eyes with my hands as the light started to dim. Slowly I opened my eyes. There stood a lady, wrapped in blue silk, with eyes softer than melted chocolate that stared back into mine. She stood tall, but not proud and blessed with an unearthly beauty that I couldn't comprehend. She smiled and stepped towards me slowly.

'Who are you?' I whispered softly, fearing I would taint this beautifully pure woman. Their eyes laughed, seemingly unknown, yet familiar.

'My name is Paige. Paige DiLaurent. But your kind knows me as the Moon Goddess.'

'Miss DiLaurent? You mean from Vallery High?' I asked with a mixture of shock and confusion in my tones.

She nodded and walked towards me with her crystal grey eyes and brushed my hair out of my face.

'Love the new colour sweetie.'

I sighed with tears in my eyes and hugged her tightly. Having not seen her for years, being my only adult friend at the time, I had really missed her.

'I missed you so much. Wait, how are you here? Moon goddess? Am I dreaming?'

'You are in limbo. Neither here or there. And yes, I am the Moon goddess, but you cannot utter those words to a soul okay? It would cause uproar.'

I quickly nodded. The second I did we went straight into conversation, just like we used to. I told her about the situation with Lucas and she gave me the best advice I could have hoped for. I trusted her with everything. I knew she wouldn't judge me. I emptied myself out to her until I realised, there was something off.

'With all due respect your majesty. Why are you here? You're the Moon Goddess, surely you have better things to do that see me cry about my failing love life.'

'If only I was. I'm here to warn you Ariadne.'

Instantly I began to fear. I stood up straight as Trixie's ears perked and Violet peeked from behind my eyes.

'What has happened?'

'Ivy has a weapon. A weapon far greater than you can imagine.' The Moon Goddess picked up her necklace with a little white stone on it.

'It's called a Moon stone. It's one of my most prized possessions, taking second place after my Moon children.'

'It's beautiful. What is it used for?'

'Balance. It is like the eraser of mistakes. It returns things to their natural form. A withering flower, to a blooming orchid. But Ivy intends to use it for evil. She is going to turn all the wolves, vampires and shape shifters against you by making them slaves to their impulses. They wouldn't be able to see the difference between her pack and yours. They'd kill everyone in sight.'

I gasped and chewed my bottom lip as I struggled to come up with an alternative.

'I thought that was bad, but it just got a whole load worse. She's combining it with blood magic, so they won't just be slaves to their impulses. They'll be slaves to her. You will lose almost a third of your army. Hers will double in size.' The Moon Goddess, only just catching me as I fell to the ground, eased down with me in her arms while I sobbed for my people.