22. Days Go On

If you have not read 'Overjoyed'  or '3 AM' , I suggest you do! Otherwise the plot and most of the characters will be a mystery to you!  

ZOE

As the days turned into weeks and the weeks into months everything started to look up. Premiering at number one on Youtube, Louise, Tanya, Niomi, Sadie and myself had become household names by the end of June. By the start of July, I found myself standing as a bridesmaid at Marcus and Niomi's wedding, the hot summer day was a true inspiration and love filled day. Just two weeks later, Niomi had found out that she was pregnant. Being put on extreme bed rest, with doctor appointments nearly every week, her segments and videos were done at her and Marcus's new apartment in London. To our surprise we were next door neighbors, which only strengthen mine and Niomi's friendship along with Marcus's and Alfie's.

With July over August quickly made its way into our lives. Tallulah was excited to finally start school, while Alfie and I kept trying for our baby hoping that something would happen. My mum's health slowly started to decline as August went on, with her cancer starting to spread to other organs. Near the end of the month she finally broke the news to Joe and my dad, feeling blind sided the both of them took the news hard. Just days after telling them the news she was admitted to the hospital, my dad being by her side the whole time.

Visiting my mum everyday, I started to learn things about her and my dad's relationship, things I would have never guessed. She told me the story of how they met, where they went on their first date, and how she found out she was pregnant with me on their wedding night. Taking notes to every story I vowed to add my and Alfie's story to it and planned to give it to Tallulah on her wedding day. On September the 4th, my dad proposed to my mum on their 28th wedding anniversary, of course she said yes. Two days later they were married once again, with my mum loosing her battle to cancer at 11:45 that night.

"Zo, wake up" I heard Alfie whisper as he shook my bare arm.
"No" I groaned as I grabbed at his arm.
"Yes" he laughed as he left small wet kisses on my neck, "we have to check it."
Slowly opening my eyes I couldn't help but smile when Alfie's smiling face became clear.
"To check what?" I grinned as he pulled at my arm, "what are you doing Alfred?"
"We have to check it, Zoe" he sighed as I rolled over.
"But what if its like all the others?" I sighed, "I don't want you to be disappointed again."
"I am never disappointed in you, Zoe." he smiled, "if its negative we will just have to keep trying, something I know you love."
"Oh, Alfie." I laughed as a knock came from the door.
"Its me, Tallulah! When can I have breakfast?"
"Did we oversleep?" I groaned as I tried to look at the clock.
"We did not oversleep" smiled Alfie, "she is just up early."
"Oh" I sighed.
"You go and check everything and I will go get Tallulah ready for the day, okay?"
"Okay, okay" I smiled.

Putting the cap back on the expensive pregnancy test I slowly paced back and forth in the small room as I counted to three minutes. After my mum's death Alfie and I put having a baby off, but not for long. At the beginning of October we tested with a negative coming up. After that we really started to try as nothing but disappointment came from it. Now the 26th of November I could feel my nerves on edge as my period was now three weeks late. I hadn't told Alfie that I was so late due to the fact that it could just be hormones making me late.

With the beginning of December coming up, Alfie and I were both gearing up to do Vlogmas. As part of the show all of the mum's had to do Vlogmas, Aflie and the rest of the guys volunteered as part of a kick start to a new Dad's Youtube channel that was premiering in January. Hearing my phone start to chime I slowly pulled it from the sink to see Louise calling.

"Hello" I sighed as I continued to pace.
"Any results?" she questioned.
"How did you know I was taking a test?" I laughed.
"Alfie, no results" she giggled as I heard him groan.
"Alfie are you on three way?" I smirked.
"I am anxious, okay?" he laughed.

Hearing Louise start to go off on a tale I slowly stopped as I felt my knees instantly go weak. Peering over at the test I couldn't believe my eyes.
"Oh my god..." I muttered as questions started to pour from Alfie and Louise.
Hitting end on the call I quickly pulled the test up to my face as the word, 'Pregnant' scattered the small screen.
"What is it Zoe?" Alfie yelped as he pushed open the door, "is it negative? Zoe, don't take this all so hard. I mean we can..."
"Alfie, I'm pregnant" I cried as I handed the test, "you're going to be a dad."