8. Niomi

{If you haven't read "Overjoyed"or "3 AM" , I suggest you do! Otherwise the plot and most of the characters to this story will be a mystery to you! }

ZOE

Monday, March 5th

Dearest,

Its been one week, seven days, numerous panic attacks and three sleepless nights since I broke it to Alfie that I was filing was for divorce. Tallulah spent most of last week with my mum since I was locked away in my room. I mean I knew Alfie and my days were numbered, but I didn't think it would come this fast. For Alfie's weekend visit my mum went on the train with Tallulah and stayed in a hotel until Sunday to bring her back to her house. I haven't explained to Tallulah or my mom whats exactly happened between Alfie and I but I can guess that my mom already knows. Just the thought of having to explain to Tallulah that Alfie is never coming home, makes me sick. I know that one day she will have to know but for now I just want o focus on my future and what it has in store for me.

Speaking of future, I have a Skype conference with Tanya, Louise, and Jack tonight. Its been years since I have spoke to Tanya, but I did know she had a son, named Conner. Just thinking of Tanya and Jim as parents makes me smile, they have to be the best parents ever. Louise of course had Darcy and her new baby Amelia, which didn't surprised me that Louise had two daughters. It was her dream to be a mum, the best one at that. Jack was part producer of the new mummy channel so of course he would be in the conference, but there was another mum to the channel which he hadn't mentioned. I guess you could say that's the reason I am a bit on edge, I was never one for surprises.

After tonights conference, Jack mentioned that a lot of things will start to be put into production for the collaboration channel and weekly talk show. We were set to start filming for the talk show in June, which is when Tallulah and I were set to move to London. Just thinking about living back in London made my stomach knot up, it was the place that held a lot of my past, and soon my future.

Until next time,

Zoe

——-

ALFIE

"Well, are you coming in tomorrow?" asked the nervous sounding secretary.
"I don't know" I groaned as I took a drink of my caramel colored drink, "maybe."
"Alfie" she sighed, "you have three more days of sick time for the month left, I'd advise you make it at least a half day. You've missed all last week."
"Don't you think I know that?" I laughed, "how about this...I take the rest of my sick days this week, and be ready to go next Monday?"
"Alfie..."
"Sounds good to me!" I yelped as I hit the red end button.
Truth was, I hadn't been to work since Zoe said she was filing for divorce, I hadn't been anywhere but to the tavern down the street and to the beer store on the corner. Poppy agreed to take Tallulah this last weekend so I spent most of it in a drunk daze having sex with Sadie and a couple of other girls. I just didn't see any other reason to be a live, if I didn't have my family. So I moved onto my second lover, a couple bottles of Irish whiskey.
Finishing off my first bottle of the day, I made my way into the living room and decided for a midday run to the bar. Hearing the faint ring of my phone in the bedroom, I quickly made my way to see Poppy's name on the screen.
"Yeah?" I sighed as I spilled on my jacket.
"Alfie, how are you today?" she asked a bit concerned.
"Fine"
"Are you sure?"
"Poppy, I am good, just running out right now."
"For what?" she questioned, "Alfie, please don't say beer or whiskey."
"No" I laughed, "I am going out for a walk..." I lied.
"Your secretary has called three times wondering where you are, have you quit going to work?"
"So I've missed a couple of days..."
"Alfie, come and stay with Joe and I for a while. We know your going through a rough pa.."
"Poppy, I got this!" I muttered, "I've been a bit sick for the past couple of days, but I will be returning to work next week...and everything will be back to normal."
"But what about the drinking? Alfie you know you're an alo..."
"Pop's I've got to go" I snapped as I ended the call.
I hated having my little sister try to tell me what to do. I was a grown man, I could make my own decisions. So what if I liked to drink a bit, she didn't need to know my every move! A little bit of whiskey never hurt anyone.