Joy and Pain Part 2

Milan

We've been sitting in this waiting room half the night. We don't a know thing either. I don't even know the girl like that but hopefully she's okay. "Auntie Milan we're hungry." Ra whispers. "Alright love. Aug." I say looking his way. He looks away and turns back to me. "You just gone pretend like you weren't listening huh? I ask laughing. "I slick was just looking at your face daydreaming but what's up baby?" I shake my head, sure he was, "The kids need some food."

"Well you want me to go get them some?" He ask. "Uh yeah. That was kind of my point of bringing it up." He laughs, "Keep it up Milan." I smile, "I didn't do anything." "You know what you doing.... I'm bout to go get some to eat anybody else want something?" He asks getting up. "Where you going?" Chris asks. "Probably McDonalds or some." I answer for him. "Get me some chicken nuggets." Chris says. "Me too with ranch and honey mustard sauce and some fries with a tea and lemonade mix." Latesha says. "Alright Trey? Aliyah?" He asks. "Nah I'm good bruh." Trey says. "Just a chicken sandwich." "Alright."

"Baby send me all that in a text message." I laugh, "Alright thug." "Uncle Aug can I ride with you?" Ra asks. "Yeah it's fine with me." He says looking at me. I shrug my shoulders. They leave out.

Chris

"You good Trey?" I turn and ask. "Yeah. I'm alright. I just wish they would hurry up and let us know something." I nod in agreement. I look over at Roc shooting paper in the trash can. I can but can't believe that Shatarah just dipped on them like that, shit is crazy man. "Oh Chris Roc loves basketball." Milan says looking up from her phone. I laugh, "I see that. You play for a team or something Roc?"

"No. I was supposed to but my mama never called the man." Roc says. Damn. "Who y'all staying with?" I ask. "With us." Milan says. "Oh. Maybe I can swing through tomorrow and we can hoop." Roc smiles, "I'd love that."

"Baby I'm freezing." "My jacket in the car. You want it?" She shakes her head. "Alright." I get up and walk out. I see a woman sitting on the sidewalk, rocking back and forth. "Shatarah?" I ask trying to get a better look. "Hey Chris." She says smiling. I shake my damn head. "What the fuck is yo problem? How you leave them kids like that?" This is the one time I wouldn't even stop Milan ass from cussing her out, shit don't make no sense.

Aliyah

"What's taking him so long?" I mumble rubbing my arms. I go and sit by Milan. "Hey boo!" She says looking up from her phone. I look down her phone unintentionally. "Y'all are too freaky for me." I say laughing. "What?" She asks smiling. I glance down and back up at her. She catches on and looks down. "Oh shit." She blushes and locks her phone. "Seems like you two are good." I say smiling. "Yeah we are. I never would have thought it would be him. I swear he the one." "Ahh! We told you this but no, ew he's the last guy on earth yada yada yada." She laughs, "I know y'all were right." I've never seen Milan smiling and blushing this much hell ever really. I'm so glad she's happy.

We talk a few more ten minutes catching up on each other lives, I tell her about Chris idea of us moving in. We would have included Latesha in this conversation but she's knocked out. Chris waits back in a few seconds later with his jacket. "Thanks baby." I wrap up and lean on his shoulder. August finally walks back in.

August

I give everyone their food and pull Milan off to the side. "I'm trying to eat like everyone else, what you want?" "You." She rolls her eyes smiling, "Well you know I'm more fun when I've had some damn food." Her voice goes from sweet to fucking loud. "Milan Santiago I honestly don't know who in God's name who you yelling at but you better watching yo fucking tone." I pin her to the wall. "Alright chill thug." She says wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Forreal tho I wanted to tell you Chris saw Shatarah and she wasn't looking good." "I don't give a fuck... She still out there?" She asks. "Nah she gone. When I pull back in Chris was getting a jacket out the car and he told me about." I say glancing at a women walking by. "Eyes right here nigga." I kiss her lips, "They are her scrubs caught my attention." My phone rings, "What's good boss?" I answer. "August I have an assignment for you. Where are you?" Santiago asks. "The hospital with Trey. He had his lil girl." "Tell him congratulations. I'll have a gift for him when I get back. I need you take someone out to swim." "Shatarah and the other two."

Latesha

I wake up and we're still in the damn waiting room. "What the fuck man?" I mumble leaning up. My neck hurts. "What's the word baby?" I ask Trey. He sighs, "I don't know, ain't nobody came and said something." I grab his hand, "She'll be alright baby." He cracks a smile, "You alright?" He asks. "Yeah my neck hurts. I slept all kinds of crazy over here." He laughs, "I saw that. Turn around." I turn around he stares massaging my neck. This feels so good.

"That's how y'all ended up with one already better slow that day." Chris says laughing. I laugh, Whatever Chris." I look over and see Milan and August walk in. Wait where did all this food come from? "So bruh Aug I just know you got my chicken nuggets and fries and tea." I say. "Yeah Tesha. They right here in the bag." I smile, "Thank you." "No problem love."

Trey

I stop massaging Latesha as soon as he nurse walks in. "How is she? I say hopping up. "She's stable. Her blood pressure went low and she couldn't respond. It's back up now and she's resting well." A feeling of relief hits me. "Than you. Can we go back into the room?" She looks around, "I wouldn't suggest the entire party. We didn't need her rest to be disturbed but the original party but everyone we're going to need you to come back tomorrow." She says. "Alright."

The crew leaves out and we go back into the room. Alivia is sound asleep too. I smile at her. "She's so precious." Latesha says coming over. "Yeah she is. It feels crazy to know I'm a father now with another one on the way." My mama laughs, "You were supposed to be my baby boy for a little bit longer before you became a father. I'm proud of you Trey."