Tension

Milan

"Milan. Come to my office." I walk inside my father's office. "Yes?" "Come take a seat." What is this about? I sit down and look up at him. "What we're doing our with August on a run?" I roll my eyes. I swear he's been tripping about everything lately. "I was just riding with him. I didn't go in the house when he went to make the pickup." "Milan I've told you before I do not want you anywhere near this." "But-" "No buts Milan!"

"Excuse me father but with all due respect I'm 21 years old, a grown ass woman. I can make my own decisions and if I want to be out with my boyfriend while he's out working for you, I'm going to do just that!" A hand goes across my face. "Who the hell do you think you are speaking to me like that? I don't know where the hell you've lost your mind but I suggest you find it! I will not be disrespected." I get up and walk out.

My phone rings, "What!" "Poor little Milan." How the fuck does this bitch have my number. "Bitch I am so sick you. You'd think you learned your lesson the first fucking time. Where you wanna meet me? I'm not about to keep putting up with this shit." Jakira laughs, "Come outside then." I peak out the window and this bitch is really outside. I hang up the phone and proceed my way down the steps.

"Milan what are you doing?" August asks getting up. "Come on outside Milan." Jakira yells. This bitch is really feeling froggy. "Oh no you don't." August says grabbing me. "August let me go!" "Who the fuck hit you? .. Aye Bruce!" "What's up Aug?" "Go handle that. The bitch is trespassing." He says. I swear Ima catch that bitch and when I do it ain't no holding back.

Chris

I pull up to Santiago's and see Jakira being escorted away by Bruce. Aw shit! I walk up to the house. "What's good y'all?" I ask. Milan is heated. Damn Jakira slapped her? "Who hit you?" I ask. "This the same shit I been asking." Well maybe it wasn't Jakira then. "Milan!" "It was my fucking father damn!" She jerks away from August and leaving out the room. "Breathe bruh."

"Man all the fucking years I been Santiago ain't never put his hands on Milan. What's some up with that nigga I'm telling you!" I shake my head, "I been saying this bruh.... So what was the deal with Jakira?" "I don't even know man but I wasn't about to let Milan go out that door." I walk up the steps to Milan's room. "You okay Cuz?" "I'm fine. When are we leaving for Aliyah's grandmas?" She asks. Damn Santiago must have slapped her hard as fuck, the print is still there.

"Why Santiago hit you?" I ask trying to get a better look. "If you would like to know why I hit my child you can ask me nephew." Santiago says standing in Milan's doorway. "Unc what's up with that? I ain't never heard you to do some like that." "When your daughter is disrespectful after you do any and everything for her because she now has a boyfriend, that's the price you pay." This nigga is buggin forreal. "But Unc that print is still on her face." "I went light on her." He says. This shit don't make no damn sense. "Aye y'all Trey and Latesha here." Bruce yells out. All were waiting on now is Aliyah.

Aliyah

I grab my purse and walk across the street. I'm excited that today is the day my friends finally are going to meet Jamari. My grandma is preparing a nice lunch for all of us and she's excited to be meeting my friends too. "What's up Aug?" He looks pissed. "Hey Liyah." Chris and Milan come down the stairs along with Trey and Latesha. "Hey y'all." "Hey girl." Chris comes over to me kissing my lips. I smile, "Hey baby." "Hello to you too." He says. "Y'all ready to roll out?" I ask. "Yeah." "Let's go."

We pull to my grandma house and I hop out. "Well here we go." I say out loud to no one in particular. I walk up to the door and knock. My grandma opens the door. "Hey sweetie." She says hugging me. "Hey grandma I brought the entire crew this time." She smiles I see. "Come on inside y'all." We all file on in. "Grandma this is my boyfriend Chris, Chris this is my grandma." Chris hugs her, "Hey grandma."

"Also this is Milan, August, Latesha, and Trey. Y'all this is grandma, grandma these are my friends." She smiles at all of them and they smile back. "It's nice to meet all of you." The guest of honor finally arrives, "Everyone this is Jamari." "Hi." He says shyly. I smile, hopefully it would take him a minute warm up. "Well y'all can go take a sit in the living room, lunch is almost done."

August

This shit with Santiago really has me blowed. "Bae." I glance over at Milan. "Let it go please." I sigh, "Man yo pops was foul on that shit." "I know but still just let it go. I'm over it." I don't what's gotten into him but I plan on finding out. "Alright Milan." She smiles and kisses my cheek. "Thank you."

"Jamari's a cute kid." I say to Milan. "Yeah he really is." He walks over to us, staring at Milan mostly. "Hey Jamari." She says to him. "Hey Jamari." He repeats. "No her name is Milan." Aliyah grandma says. "Hey Milan." He says pronouncing it as Mulan. I laugh.

My phone vibrates and a message pops up from my old lil buddy, Lashonda. I open up the message, :I'm back in town. Got some moves to make hit me up when you're free.: This shit is easy money, I'll definitely be hitting her up. I definitely won't be doing the petty lil like Santiago. Another message pops up from Santiago: Gone for a week. Make sure you do your job and not my daughter.: It's too late for that.

Latesha

I have to be very careful with what I eat so hopefully this lunch goes well. Trey has been excited as hell about this. Im sort of on the fence with all of this. I haven't told my mother or grandma yet, they're reaction really means a lot to me. This whole pregnancy thing is going to change a lot and I still haven't told the crew yet about any of this from my address to this baby.

We plan on announcing the pregnancy after lunch, to steal any shine away from Aliyah and Jamari. "You good baby?" Trey asks. "Yeah I'm cool." I say smiling. "Alright lunch is ready." Grandma yells. We all take a seat at the table.

Trey

The vibe is a weird and off with the crew. I don't know what the fuck happened before me and Latesha arrived at Santiago's but damn. Aliyah kid is a handsome lil man. It makes me think on my own children. I wonder what Tesha is having. Makayla got the girl so hopefully it's a boy. The only thing I'm dreading in all this shit is telling my mama. She doesn't know anything yet.

This chicken is good as fuck though. We all eat in silence minus Jamari few outbursts. "Well eat up." Grandma says. In halfway done with my plate and I go back in for some more. "Dang Trey you eating for two?" Aliyah says laughing. "Have you tasted this chicken? It's delicious man!" We all laugh and the seem to have lighten up the mood a bit.

"So we have something we need to announce." Latesha says looking at me. I smile hard as fuck, "We're expecting." Forks ands mouths drops.