I'll Show You

Dani's POV

Yesterday I gave Liam my number and the moment he left we started texting. Things like this get me thinking that maybe he could be the one and maybe he could change me. All my sisters have it all, honestly they really have it all, sometimes I just need someone to fall asleep next to me and I would be the happiest person alive. My iPhone buzzed in that right moment.

L: Hey, do you have any time today? You know...for hanging out ;)

D: Yeah, sure...why not :D where do we meet?

L: In front of your house at 6 pm, babe ;)

D: Fine ;)

I'm already his babe, oh happy day! But I got to say he's pretty direct, when it comes to numbers and romantic things, I kind of don't really like that, because I want to take it a bit slower. And for sure, I'm going to tell him this, I ain't going to be quiet about it!

The rest of the day passed quickly, the kids played, the family socialized and you know it was a pretty decent day and I felt like that 14-year-old again, obsessed with relationships and boys...and I felt pretty awkward like that. I got dressed up casually for Liam, because I'm intending to take him to my secret place, where I usually go when I need peace and quiet, which in the passed years was actually almost every day, no kidding.
And then I got a call from Liam and I couldn't be more excited at that very moment.

L: Hey, I'm already waiting for you!

D: I'll be down in a second, bye!

With that, I slipped my phone in the pocket and quickly ran downstairs. Kath, Lisa and the kids just gave me a confused look, but continued to do their own stuff.

"Hey!" Liam called smiling and I ran into his hug, but something didn't feel right, but I pushed it away. Just don't think...

"Hi!" I replied enthusiastically and hugged back. At that moment he tried to kiss me..."Hey...what do you think you're doing?", I asked him confused.

"Well...I thought you maybe liked kissing..." I nodded at that moment and awkwardly smiled.

"I like it, but I was thinking about taking it slow, actually," I shrugged and waited for his response.

"Oh, I thought that we would maybe take it at a normal pace though," he replied, but he shook it off quickly after we went to the beach.

"So Dani, where are you taking me?"

"To my secret spot, where I usually go when I need peace and quiet, but mostly when I gotta figure things out," I told him as I happily walked to my spot, but he just dragged himself behind me.

"Do you have to move so fast?", Liam laughed behind me.

"C'mon, it's worth the sweat and the walk!" I told him smiling.

As we finally arrived to the spot, it was like his jaw dropped to the floor and he smiled widely. "Dani, this is amazing..."

"I know right!", I said as I sat on my usual spot and he sat right next to me, holding my hand, I could feel how his hand was sweating so much.

"How many people know about your secret spot, beside me?", he asked me curiously.

"Well, not a lot, that's for sure. At the moment, you, my ex-boyfriend and...some girl," I honestly told him.

"Some girl?" Liam chuckled and raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah," I rolled with my eyes playfully, "We just have history...nothing much," I shrugged smiling.

"Was she your best friend?" he asked curiously again.

I started laughing, "Well you just have to know it all, huh?"

"Duh, why not!", he gave me a toothy smile.

"She used to be my best friend, but she's not important anymore and yeah...we have history and that is all!" I made my point and moved on!

"So you used to be here every day...is it because of the fresh air?, he then gave me a corny joke.

I laughed along him, "Nope, it was because of my family, actually," I frowned, but then gave him a small smile.

"Everyone made me feel like I needed to be perfect and with all that pressure I've strived for perfection,"

"I know how that feels," he added and sighed.

"And when the whole world knows you, it feels like you're in a movie and everyone is watching you and your every move," it's not that I'm complaining, but sometimes it's tough, even after so many years.

"Where's the good part in all of this?"

"All I can tell you is, that fame and all of this crap is just pure non-sense," this is how I feel about fame and all connected to it.

"And sometimes it's really hard to do the right thing, when the pressure is coming down like..." I couldn't find a word.

"Like lightening?, he raised his eyebrows and I nodded with a smile. I feel like I found someone who understands me after a long time.

"Everyone wants me to be perfect, but they don't even know that I'm..."

"Hurting?", he smirked, I gave him a death glare.

"Could you stop finishing my sentences?, we both started laughing and I punched him playfully.

"My dad is sometimes telling me that life is not easy and a person is not made of steel and we should never forget that we're only human, you know?" Liam made a point.

"Just show them that you're only human,"

"But don't ask me how...I have no idea!" Liam loudly laughed, I just face palmed and smiled.

"So, I just need to learn things the hard way?" I asked rolling my eyes, "It depends how you look at it," he shrugged.

"But you shouldn't care what anyone says!"

"That's kind of hard when religion and family and friends kick in...and the whole World of course," sometimes just thinking about it makes me shiver and feeling sick.

"What do you mean Dani? We still talking about the same thing?", Liam asked me concerned, I just nodded, not having any energy left to even think about it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Hello minions :D so this whole chapter was about Dani and her getting to know Liam more, or the other way around :P but from Dani's side not everything is what it seems...p.s. in the end there's a photo of Liam ;)