Chapter 21- Realization

----GLACÈ----

I awoke a few hours later, but this time in my bed. It was like when you fell asleep on the couch and you wake up in bed. It was nice. Comforting. I sat up with ease, unlike before. I swung my legs over the side of the Ed and sat them on the cold, hardwood floors. I pushed off the bed and stood. I stood easily too, so I decided to try walking. I took a few small steps before my legs began trembling and I started to fall. I reached out to grab the dresser to have something to keep me stable. In the process I knocked over a glass of water. The sound must've triggered an anxious group, seeing as within seconds the room was filled up with everyone from both teams.

"Um...Did I do something wrong?" I asked, looking to everyone

"No." Jack said. "But you did scare us."

He moved swiftly towards me and lifted me up bridal style. I winced as the familiar sting of my hip returned.

"Sorry." He said apologetically, as he laid me back in my bed.

He kissed me quickly, and I obliged. I pulled back when I heard a dissatisfied "hmph" from behind Jack. I looked past him to see newbie rolling her eyes. If looks could kill, she would be dead from the daggers I was shooting at her. She glared right back, and to mock her, I kissed Jack again. I looked back to see her looking down at the floor. I smirked in triumph and looked up to North looming over Jack, putting a hand on his shoulder. Jack looked to him and frowned, then looked back to me as he backed away.

North approached, and started to explain, in his thick Russian accent, who me and Jack's attacker was.

"Your attacker vas, vell, an ex- member of ze team. It vas Akull who tried to kill you. Like Xeo, Akull became human and was destined for death. But then, Pitch decided to spare Akull on one condition."

"What is it!?" I asked, intrigued

North sighed and frowned.

"Well...!" I said, waiting.

"Ze condition is zhat Akull must kill Jack, and you......" He said trailing off sadly.

I was taken aback. I bit my lower lip until it bled, and I felt my eyes well up with tears. I saw newbie smirking and started to cry. Did she think this was a game?! Did she think our lives were just pawns?! I couldn't take it.

It seemed as though Bunny saw it too. He took the chance to speak before I could.

"How dare you, mate? These people are our family, YOUR family, and your just going to smirk as this is a simple game? This is no GAME! THIS IS PEOPLE'S LIVES." he yelled, lunging at her. North grabbed out to stop him, but she still screamed and threw her hands up in front of her face.

When her arms retracted, she looked at all of us except Bunny and me to see a way out, a person to stick up for her. When no one did, she just stared at the floor. Ice looked at me sadly, and I opened my arms for her to come in for a hug. She did, and I hugged tight. I saw Pagos standing in the corner, kicking the ground. When he met my gaze, he came over and joined the hug. When they both retreated, they both had tears welled in their eyes. North had waited for them. Everyone had already bred ushered out. When the three if them left the room, it was just me and Jack.

"So...Someone wants us dead." I said plaintively. It seemed so unreal until now.

Jack looked to me sadly. He leaned in and kissed me. I placed my arm around his neck, and he put his hands in my waist, where I was sitting up. The familiar minty sensation was returning, and it felt comforting, familiar. An escape to what was predestined. He released, and I scooted over so he could climb into bed with me. He laid back against the pillow, and I laid my head on his chest, and I felt his heart beating through his sweatshirt. It was soothing. I draped my arm over his waist, and he put his hand on me shoulder. I nuzzled into him and eventually, we both fell asleep.

-------------

Aww, I decided to get sappy on this. Hope you enjoyed! Vote! Comment! Follow!

Adiõs!