Chapter 12- Mourning

--------NORTH

As everyone was talking about Xeo and Akull, I knew something was wrong. I could feel it in my belly. I looked to the window, and did not see Xeo. Apparently, Ice caught onto my aimless staring out the window.

"Whatcha lookin at?" She asked curiously.

"What..Uh..Nothing.." I lied, badly I might add.

She raised an eyebrow and dashed to the window. She gasped at whatever she saw. She recoiled from the window, and fell to the floor.

Pagos shot out to catch her. Glacé hurried to the window. She clapped her hand over her mouth. Then I noticed Bunny had disappeared. As I turned to where he was, he re-entered the doorway, a limp Xeo in his hands.

Xeo was slung lifelessly in Bunny's arms, his hair soaked with melted snow. His face was blank, and paper white. Ice was silently sobbing, knowing her closest friend was gone. She still had Pagos, but Xeo was different. Glacé was sitting on a chair, glancing away, her hand still on her mouth. Jack gaped in horror at his betrayer. He rose for the first time in hours. He touched Xeo's lifeless hair.

"What, what happened to it, his hair?" Jack asked in disbelief.

I glanced to bunny. He nodded slightly. I sighed, and explained.

"After they left, Akull destroyed his staff. It turned him mortal. He called to us for help. When we came, his hair was like this. The reason we came was to convince you he was ok. I guess we were too late."

Ice broke down after that. She walked over silently, and touched his hair. She hugged him, and backed away. She went to Jack, and clung to him. He looked at the floor. Pagos tried to be strong, but eventually, a single tear streaked down his cheek.