Chapter 2- Jack Frost

I leapt off the ground, and I ended up all the way across the lake. I leapt as high as I could, half-wondering if I could fly. I ended up falling to the ground, but hovered for a second before landing on my feet. The ice shattered, and I touched the staff to it, and it refroze instantly. I heard slight laughter, and a boy emerged from the shadows, and his teeth were as white as freshly fallen snow.

"You almost had it, but you have to open your arms when you jump, like this."

He leapt up, and spread his arms, and the wind caught his cloak, and he glided through the sky with ease. He danced through the air, showing off. He landed next to me, and I was astounded.

"Show off." I said jokingly, crossing my arms.

"I'm hurt." He said, feigning sadness, clutching his heart dramatically.

"Who are you? I asked, looking him over. His hair was the same color as mine, and his eyes were as blue as my shirt.

"Jack, and you?" he said, raising an eyebrow, looking me over.

"Glacé. Kinda strange, I know." Shifting my weight from one foot to the other.

"Whatever you say. I think your name is pretty, and super unique." He replied, looking away nervously, whispering the last part. "Hey I have an idea, follow me." He said, shooting up into the sky.

I tried following, but I felt myself falling. Jack looked down and saw me falling, and swooped down and caught me.

"Right, sorry, kinda forgot you didn't practice." He said with a light laugh. "But that's not important right now, we can try again later." He said exitedly, like an amused child.

"Where are we going?" I asked curiously.

"To a very special place." He said, smiling.

.......