Chapter 14

I woke up the next morning with a feeling of peace, a feeling I haven't had since before I moved here. My wolf still hasn't talked to me, but I'm starting to wonder if that's all that bad. Ever since Kyle kissed me she had been kind-of silent and it's been almost nice. But when Kyle kissed me, I didn't even have to hesitate before I kissed back instantly finding protection in his arms wrapped around me. It was just so perfect, even though at first I didn't feel the same passion as with Geo, yet with Kyle everything was easier, safer. I felt at home with his arms around my waist. Unlike with Geo where I would be constantly worried of slutty Stacy showing up,

with Kyle it was just simply

this feeling and

us.

I stretch my arms out and reach for my phone. Two texts and one missed call from unknown number. I know its Geo's number, but at the time I felt that deleting his contact might somehow might make me feel better and forget about him and his stupid bitch-no pun intended-. Oh how I just can't stand her! The way she flaunts around clinging on to Geo. She is the reason I will never be with my mate and my wolf is going away. Amidst my anger I check the time and realize how late it is. I quickly get ready, detangle my hair, and throw it up into the usual messy bun. I put on some cute Levis skinny jeans and an Urban Outfitters top from when I went shopping with Lilly. As I walk out the door thirty minutes later I call good bye to Aunt Julie to hear no reply. I briefly wonder where she is but soon come to the conclusion that she must have left early for work. I walk to school alone, surprised that Kyle was missing. He usually would meet up with me. Not wanting to sound needy I didn't call him no matter how much I yearned for his arms around me. For him to kiss me so I can return to that state of serenity with him.

I get to class to find no Kyle.

The day was long without him constantly by my side teasing and kissing me. But I didn't worry. Well, at least I didn't look worried.

In my fixation over his absence I didn't even notice Geo, Lilly, and all the other wolves were gone too.

Finally at the end of the day I head back home alone.

Almost halfway back I hear someone call my name when I turn around to see no one.

Once more I hear my name. It sounds urgent, a strong male voice in panic.

The sound was so muffled I couldn't even identify the voice. ​

Let alone tell where it was coming from.

I continue home ignoring the noise I was probably just imagining it.

Halfway home I stop dead in my tracks at the sound of loud foot steps. I turn around again and still no one. They seemed far off. The closer they get the less and less human they sound. Not foot steps but the sound of a wolf running through the forest. And running very quickly. I hear them coming closer and closer until changing into human steps. I could smell the strong odor of alpha but something was wrong, there was panic.

"Why didn't you come?!" Geo said painting, "We called out for you." He looks terrified, something the soon to be alpha should never look. No matter how angry I was with him it still hurt me to see my mate like this. I could feel my wolf returning aggressively longing to touch his lips while my heart fought back even stronger to be with Kyle. I now realized who had been calling my name. It was my wolf, just buried so deep down, straying so far away from me, I could barely hear her. But at the sight of Geo she grew stronger and yearned for him. Obviously she had no idea what was happening. This was clearly not the time for romance, something had evidently frightened Geo.

"My wolf hasn't been strong lately; she has been slowly leaving me. I think she was almost gone," I reply.

"Never mind it doesn't matter now. Just come quickly, we need all the help we can get" he says reaching for my arm.

I shy away avoiding his touch; he looks up at me as if I had just stabbed him.

He turns away and runs into the forest, I follow after him.

"What happened?" I call out to him. He hesitantly slows down so I can hear.

"The pack to the east of our territory invaded an acre of our land. These werewolves aren't friendly though. They are like the monsters humans portray us as. They kill not just other animals but humans too. They have no boundaries, no morals. The fight broke out when one of our pack had smelled blood of another non-human and rushed to see what had happened. He saw the invading pack and immediately called for back up. War quickly ensued. The fighting is over now but we need help healing everyone. I must warn you though, someone who know is injured..." he says, his face revealing the pain he feels for me.

"Who," I ask fearing the worst suddenly realizing everyone who had been missing at school today were all fellow wolves.

"I would prefer for you find out for yourself" Geo says somberly. We don't say another word until we reach the wide bloody pasture.

Fifteen of our pack lay on the ground in ghastly states some possibly dead.

I freeze in my tracks seeing my worst fear become reality.

I burst into tears and run towards what has to be my imagination, but stumble. This cant be real I think to myself.

"I don't know if we can heal them Misty," Geo says softly his face filled with pain after seeing my reaction.

"We have too!" I cry sobbing. I walk over to their side and look into their eyes.

Memories of my mother's death fill my every thought.

"Not again, oh not again. It will be okay, you hear me it will be okay I promise," I say repeatedly through sobs.

-------

Omg!! Who do you think is injured? Are you still on the same team?

Comment and vote vote vote for the next chapter!!