Sentiero

Shade at last, a tall cave behind a water fall, its dark but not to dark for me, the cave sounds are peaceful full of humming smooth bats asleep, the bats that have no fear of me and I have no threats towards them. I crawl into ball and let my wet body lay awake. Vampires don't sleep, We wait for the sun to die down.

Hannah:- The Sun shines in my small cosy room, my window is open and its already getting warm. I put on my white and lime green dress and head down stairs were my mother dressers the turkey on the kitchen bench for tonight's dinner dance. I grab my bag and shoes, I smile at my dad but my dad seems to busy in his book work for his new job. I tie my hair up into a bun and eat my butter and jam toast quickly. The house is quite and all I hear is the music on the stereo. I begin to remind my mum I'm spending time with Alex today at the market by checking my go list to her as she is cooking. "Check list, check, bus tickets check, my phone, check, I've got everything so I'm going to go now to Alex's Mum..."

She looks up at me with her hazel eyes and starts putting the turkey in the oven.

"Okay darling, have fun with Alex the markets, make sure your back by four o'clock, we wouldn't want to be late for tonight".

I wave bye to my parents and open the door, I walk a good pace towards the bus stop, the air is fresh, it hits my sweaty skin on my face, I close my eyes for a second to inhale the beauty of life and realize this is real. Alex is here and finally I can get to know him more better then a letter once a month from the army base.