Mercato

Alex:-

 Hannah's small hand tightens around my finger as she talks to me, she's tell me her new high school crush called Toby how he plays soccer and his in her art class, It seems like there really good friends and I have to admit Hannah's story's she tells me about him, he seems like a good guy. We walk a little more in the market until we reach our favourite game store next to the CD store on Eagle Street that we always go to when I go on a two week holiday every second December.

 Hannah lets go of my fingers slowly and she grabs a Xbox game DVD from the stand outside of the store, she looks busy reading the DVD so I let her read it, until she comes to me and tells me to buy it for her, like how she normal does but this time she didn't ask me to buy it so I ask her and for the first time she nodded in dislike.

Is she losing her hobby for games? I pat her on the head lightly "When did you get so grown up?" I felt a light knock on my arm as she crunches her face at me and leans her left foot on my foot, "Hey! I'm only thirteen!" "Oh yes I remember now so not that old yet and are you trying to trip me?" Her tone gets deeper in a silly way "Maybe", she makes me laugh, I pick her up on to my shoulder and tickle her tummy, she fights me with her legs moving crazy, her laugh sounded like a pig grasping for air, I let her go and place her on the ground.

Hannah: -

 My feet are happy embracing the ground as I slightly move away from Alex in case he tickles me again. "Ice cream time!" Alex's face lights up in an agreement. We head down across the road to Cold Rock, near Plenty Road.

Blue Bubble gum with Oreos is my favourite ice cream from Cold Rock but I always like to try something different every time I go with Alex I don't want be too predictable with my taste buzz, I order Hazelnut ice cream with Wizz Fizz and squash sugar worms. Alex orders Chocolate mint with coffee beans in his ice cream, he pays for the ice cream like always and we sits on the beach.

Alex:-

 The coffee beans burns the chocolate mint flavour away as I lick the ice cream in my mouth once again.

Our day is going great, I can tell by Hannah's messy smile by her ice cream, we stay sited on the warm sandy beach for a few minutes, we don't talk but enjoy watching the waves flow on the shore near  the thick white and green seaweed.

"I better go , Mum experts me to be back at four"

"That's alright, did you like your ice cream?"

"Yes I did but next time I'll get the blue bubble gum and I know I am predictable!"

"Haha... Yes well I know you're favourite ice cream is that but you're never predictable, why do you think you are?"

She looks away as I begin to ask her something else but I think I've made her upset so I don't.

"I guess I don't want to be like the rest of the girls at my school"

"And what is that?"

"Don't worry, Just drop it, it doesn't matter, I had a good day today, I got to go to a dance dinner tonight and I'm just stress out because Toby is going to be there and he might not like me after all"

Hannah sighs as she turns to me.

This isn't making sense, there is something more and she is hiding it.

"Is that it Hannah or is there more?"

"My parents"

"What happened?"

"Nothing really, they just had a fight a few nights ago and now they're not really talking to each other, I don't know what about but I think it's about Elise"

"What's wrong with Elise?"

"I don't know, she's coming back soon so I guess I'll found out soon enough, you can't tell anyone I told you this, not even my dad, promise?!"

I made that promise with her and she made me a promise too, her little pinkie wraps around my pinkie.

Hannah:-

 Pinkie wraps around his, I've just made my first grown up promise, I shall tell Alex everything that's bothers me, His phone number imprints in my phone and I give him a soft cuddle before I leave.

Alex:-

Hanna's feet sink into the sand as she walks off the beach near a bus stop just in time to get on the bus, I glance away towards the sea water, the sunset is becoming orange and it's getting chili.   

My phone buzzes  at that very moment . Its mother?
She must know by now I'm  back?  I thought.
I answer it as she invites me over for dinner tomorrow  night, just the three of us.  I agreed and with that I hang  up the phone.