It's Not Love between Us, Mate

Chapter One

I relaxed on my queen size bed with my arms above my head. A sigh escaped my lips as my eyelids closed. I was exhausted, I just came back from work and all I wanted right now was my bed. I shifted in my bed trying to find that comfortable spot, finally I found it and I was fast asleep. I suddenly felt a light push, I groaned turning other direction. I felt the push again except this time it was a little bit rougher. I opened my eyes to see a familiar person standing there with a smirk. I clenched my teeth and shot out of my bed to give this person a piece of my mind. Four hours! I have been working four hours! I can't get at least a thirty minute break? I threw myself off my bed and stood up straight.

"What the hell do you want Hunter!" I shouted feeling the need to let out of my anger. My brother, Hunter, stood there with his arms crossed. He gave me stern look and then nodded toward the door.

"What?" I exclaimed, my eyes feeling heavy but I managed to keep up wide and awake. Hunter walked out of the door, I sighed deeply knowing that he wanted me to follow him. I dragged my tired feet against the wooden floor and all the way downstairs.

I let out a groan as I dawdle my way toward the living room. I had a feeling that Hunter was hiding something so I was trying to go slow as possible and because I was too tired to walk any faster. Hunter's loud voice yelled at me to hurry up. I finally made my way to the large dark red living room, Hunter stood there with my parents with an unreadable expression. I scratched my head in confusion, had I done something wrong? I know I hadn't done anything wrong well I'm pretty sure I haven't. My body leaned against the door frame as I examined my family members once more. Something was bothering them but what? Mom sat down in her usual spot which was next to the fire place. Dad settled on the black leather couch which was right across mom's chair. Hunter leaned against the wall with his eyes on me.

"Take a seat honey," mom ordered nodding toward the seat next to dad. I bit my lip feeling nervous and annoyed at the same time. This was taking up my break time which was making me angry even more. I moved at a turtle's pace toward the couch and then plopped down making a loud "poof".

Mom shot me a glare for treating her furniture like trash. She hated when me or Hunter messed up the house or treated things like dirt. I rolled my eyes at her and sank inside the comfy couch. Mom cleared her throat and then positioned herself in her chair. It felt like she was about to give a speech or something.

"Honey, we know you've been working at Joe's Diner for about five months now because of college." mom spoke in a calm voice, I could feel everyone's eyes on me. I nodded telling her to continue. "Well, we think you should quit sweetheart." mom whispered leaning against her chair.

"Why?" I asked not understanding the reason behind all this. Mom looked at dad for an answer. I turned to look at my father who was holding a strange look on his face.

"We think that you are working way too hard for nothing. We have money Sid! Why are you working for no reason!" dad exclaimed while standing up.

"Dad, we have this talk every time! Is it bad that I want to be responsible when I get older?" I asked looking at them all. Hunter shrugged and said "You just keep getting tired everyday! There is no point!"

I rolled my eyes at my brother and then looked at my parents. They all stared at me in sadness. I guess I haven't been really spending time with them because of my job but it's for college! I want to go to college not stay here with the pack. Dad gave me a pleading look along with my mother. Being the Beta, my dad has always been working and sometimes barely home. He would always have to accompany the Alpha somewhere and he would always arrive home very late. My mother would always be with the Alpha female since she is Beta's wife. And then Hunter would be with his friends and then there is me. Who am I with? I have no friends. Being the Beta's daughter, you would expect me to have a lot of friends but shockingly I don't have any. I found out that all my friends were just trying to be near my brother and his friends. They never liked me. Apparently, I was ugly to them which I guess is true. I am ugly compared to the other shewolves. I did mind at first but now I could care less. I also know that my parents well my mother was ashamed of me sometimes. Especially when we have pack parties where all the girls would be dolled up and then I would be dressed up in like a dude. I was indeed a tomboy; I liked to be in comfortable clothes such as basketball shorts and loose t shirt. I don't see why I have to look good for someone. I don't care what people think of me because what's important is what I think of myself right? I felt bad for my mom sometimes, I knew she always wanted a daughter that she could go shopping with and be all girly with. I know she still loves me no matter what so whatever. The one person I was probably closer to was my dad, he was the main person in my life that I loved and cared about the most. I know for sure that he likes me the way I am. My brother kind of liked me, he can be the overly protective brother but then he could be world's biggest dick when he was in front of his 'popular' crowd. We were close when we little but I guess Hunter later realized that I wasn't worthy to hang out with his STD ass. I know he still loves me because I can always count on him no matter what.